Ready to position your company as an industry thought leader?
If so, we invite you to contribute to our SIA Knowledge Center. The Knowledge Center provides an opportunity for SIA member companies, academic faculty members, practitioners, and government employees to contribute thought leadership and generate exposure for their company and themselves professionally, while simultaneously informing and educating the industry.
Content in the Knowledge Center is regularly featured on our homepage, published in our SIA Update email newsletters, shared and discussed in our SIA360 online community, and referenced by media and researchers.
Many topics will be considered. However, priority will be given to contributions that address one of the topics listed below or you may also suggest a new topic.
1. Contributions of information that explain core security knowledge, particularly when focused around technology topics
2. Articles that explain “How it works,” “How to use this,” “How to install this,” the “Pros and Cons” and other such formats that help clearly explain security and security technology solutions
The editorial guidelines below are intended to ensure that the SIA Knowledge Center builds and maintains a reputation as a vital source of reliable, non-commercial information about security and security technologies.
1. Articles must be vendor-neutral and product-neutral
2. Content must be original
3. Each article topic should be cleared with SIA before writing
4. An author must be affiliated with a company or organization that is a member of SIA
5. All articles will be edited for grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, readability and conformance with SIA editorial guidelines
6. Article formats support images and multimedia such as audio files, videos and animated GIFs.
7. All links within the articles will be reviewed as to the appropriateness of the link.
8. Contributions should be 1,000-2,200 words long
9. Articles should be submitted as Microsoft Word documents
10. Articles should be submitted with:
a. a suggested headline and sub-headline
b. the author’s name, title and email address
c. the company’s name and website address
d. a high-resolution headshot-style photo of the author
11. We request that articles included in the SIA Knowledge Center not be published elsewhere for at least 180 days after publication
12. SIA staff will respond to all contributions and will alert authors when an article is published
For more information about contributing to SIA’s Knowledge Center, please contact Mickey McCarter, SIA communications manager at 301-804-4704 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.