Attention Security Industry Association (SIA) members! As you may know, Brivo’s Steve Van Till, who has faithfully served in the position of chair of the SIA Standards Committee, will complete his term in October 2022. We appreciate his vision and strong support for SIA and congratulate Steve for his service. There is no question that his leadership in the SIA standards program has provided value to the entire SIA membership.
SIA is now seeking nominations for candidates to serve as the next chair of the SIA Standards Committee, and we encourage you to nominate a leader for this vital role.
SIA’s Standards Committee serves as the guiding body of SIA standards programs. Its members work together to develop, promote and advocate industry standards in a coordinated effort with other standards and specification writing bodies. The next chair, serving for the 2022-2024 term, will hold the following responsibilities:
- Preside over Standards Committee meetings, including opening and adjourning meetings and managing the flow of discussion, recognition of speakers, motions and voting
- Execute the policies and procedures per SIA’s governing documents
- Partner with SIA staff to plan and lead Standards Committee meetings
- Appoint the Standards Committee vice chair
- Support the strategic goals of SIA through standards activities
If you are interested in being considered as a nominee or in nominating someone else for the role, please use this form to submit your nomination. All nominations must be received no later than Sunday, July 31.
Thank you for your participation!