The Security Industry Association’s (SIA’s) Global Commerce Working Group educates SIA members on ongoing bilateral and multilateral trade issues and pertinent security – both physical and cyber – issues impacting global supply chains used by various SIA members. Additionally, the group helps guide SIA’s actions on related policy developments.
The Global Commerce Working Group is open to members possessing specialized expertise in trade and supply chain issues and members wishing to learn more about these issues related to their work responsibilities.
Goals for the working group include:
- Identify legislative, regulatory or other policy proposals that fit the group’s scope and objectives and require SIA advocacy or education to members
- Drive educational content across the industry from the SIA brand and platform
- Conduct outreach to appropriate government agencies to ensure SIA may provide input into key proceedings and agency actions on supply chain policies impacting the security industry
- Conduct outreach to international security organizations and associations and collaborate on joint projects, initiatives and forums
- Identify and plan future SIA forum and panel discussion initiatives on topics of interest impacting trade and supply chain security