Security Industry Events Calendar
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
The SIA security industry events calendar is a guide to SIA official events and major industry events, as well as events where SIA has a presence or a partnership.
Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification (SICC) Info Session
May 25 @ 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Join SIA for this 30-minute session to learn about the new Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification (SICC). Developed by SIA with support from PSA Security Network and Security Specifiers, this certification is the only credential focused specifically on cybersecurity and physical security convergence. As a designated SICC, you will validate the skills required to support technical security installations according to industry best practices for electronic security and cybersecurity and aligning with clients’ organizational priorities and business objectives. Applications to test for the SICC credential will be accepted beginning June 1, 2021, so join us for this advanced informational session to get started down the path to earn your SICC!
What Will Be Covered:
• What makes the SICC unique compared to other cybersecurity credentials
• The benefits of earning your certification
• Core requirements to earn your SICC
• How the application and testing process works
• Chris Peckham, Ph.D., Chair, SIA Learning and Development Committee, and Director of Operations, Ollivier Corporation
• Elli Voorhees, Ph.D., director of learning and development, SIA