ANSI/SIA CP-01 Standard
What is ANSI/SIA CP-01 Standard?
The ANSI/SIA CP-01 Standard developed by the Security Industry Association (SIA) uses technology, industry experience and common knowledge approaches to pinpoint the causes of and decrease the frequency of false alarm dispatches. The vast majority of alarm dispatches are caused by human error, and the CP-01 standard enables those interacting with security panels to prevent and correct mistakes, while maintaining important security safeguards.
Since dispatched alarms typically occur during entry and exit of a facility, CP-01 specifies key features for the exiting/arming and entering/disarming of a premise. For example, a 45-second alarm ensures a person can exit a building without accidentally activating an alarm should they become preoccupied with locating keys or their mobile device.
Purchase ANSI/CP-01 Standard Today
Purchase the ANSI/SIA CP-01 Standard today to develop intrusion detection products that will reduce false alarms, increase the user experience of alarm system arming and disarming, and save your customer fees from false dispatches.
Benefits of ANSI/SIA CP-01
- Saves customers and industry personnel time and money with decreased alarm dispatches and programmable swinger shutdown.
- Specifications for cross zoning and carbon monoxide zoning.
- Designed with features applicable for both residential and commercial properties.
- Automatic installation and maintenance testing.
- Enhanced security measures like the duress alarm, a unique code that can be entered by a user to trigger a silent call for help while under threat from an intruder.
- Features, including specifications for carbon monoxide zones and qualifications for swinger shutdown, can save owners a tremendous amount of money in an industry where authorities may charge upwards of $500 per alarm dispatch.
New to CP-01 2019
- Guidance on the monitoring of Informative Signals transmitted to a mobile/remote device that provides the supervising station with more information before triggering a response action.
- Updated language throughout that minimizes the dependence on the term “Control Panel” making for increased applicability to innovative security systems approaches.
Get Involved with ANSI/SIA CP-01 Standard
To participate, join the SIA’s Intrusion Subcommittee, and help shape this and future alarm and intrusion detection standards.