The Security Industry Association (SIA) is pleased to introduce the Quick Start Guide to State Contracting, exclusively available for SIA members. This informative guide will help security manufacturers, integrators and service providers seeking to expand their government business. As successful companies look to expand their customer bases to grow their businesses, the government marketplace offers local and nationwide opportunities. Whether introducing new technology, offering repair and maintenance solutions on an existing system or proposing an extended term contract resulting in reoccurring revenue, the government’s need for security has not lessened. Doing business with government customers is considerably more complicated than commercial contracting. A company must learn how to find opportunities and reach the government decision makers utilizing a new set of rules and unique government contracting practices. The guide focuses on the states with the top expenditure, and includes information on the following:
- GSA Schedule and other cooperative purchasing programs
- Expenditures for top 25 states
- Key insights into purchasing for select states
- Contact information for each state's chief procurement officer (or equivalent individual)
- Cooperative purchasing programs used by these states
- Glossary of essential terminology for navigating state contracting
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.