Summit experts to discuss identity management, the Internet of Things, transportation security trends and more.
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The SIA Government Summit will host several critically important discussions on national security topics ranging from drones to transportation security to identity management over the course of the conference, to be held June 15-17, 2016, at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center. Registration is open at https://www.securityindustry.org/summit.
The SIA Government Summit is where private sector leaders and public sector officials come together to assess the most pressing security challenges facing the nation.
Confirmed keynotes to date include:
- Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., Chairman of the Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest
- Rep. Dan Donovan, R-N.Y., Chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- Michael Butler, Principal Deputy Director at Defense Manpower Data Center for the U.S. Department of Defense (Enterprise Business Operations)
Summit conference sessions include:
- General Services Administration (GSA) Contracting and the Security Industry
- The Future of Identity Verification Beyond Biometrics in National Security
- What Does It Mean to Secure the Internet of Things?
- Protecting Soft Targets Against the Emerging ISIS and Homegrown Terrorist Threat
Surface Transportation Security Trends:
- Bus, Rail and Mass Transit
- How Drones and Video Technology Are Redefining Situational Awareness
Solving the Video Data Dilemma:
Challenges and Opportunities for Local Government
Are you a government employee (including military)? Registration is free for government employees.
Qualified members of the media also attend for free. To register as a reporter, contact Mickey McCarter, SIA communications manager, at 301-804-4704 or email@example.com.
About the Security Industry Association (SIA)
The Security Industry Association (SIA) (http://www.securityindustry.org) is the leading trade association for electronic and physical security solution providers, with roughly 650 innovative member companies representing more than 400,000 security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and collaboration with other like-minded organizations. As a proud sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, and owner of the Securing New Ground® conference, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities.