Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education (TIME)
The Security Industry Association and its RISE Committee are launching a new mentorship program for early and mid-career professionals. The Talent, Inclusion, Mentorship and Education (TIME) program is designed to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and empowerment of underrepresented identities in the security industry by creating a well-defined pathway for learning and development.
To create and maintain a security world full of diverse people, cultures and preferences.
- Career Development: Connect early and mid-career professionals, as well as students, with established industry professionals to further career growth and talent development
- Skill Enhancement: Build and create a sustainable community of support through collaboration, networking and skill building
- Recruitment: Attract students to the security industry by providing insights on the wide array of career opportunities.
- Executive Leadership Development: Promote executive leadership development opportunities that will encourage diversity within the ranks
The SIA TIME mentorship program will run for 12 monthly sessions and have semiannual orientations. Participation in the program does not guarantee a mentee a promotion or selection into a future position within their company.
The SIA TIME mentorship program is designed help you thrive by creating valuable learning experiences and meaningful developmental opportunities. As a TIME mentee, you will be able to:
- Complete program activities designed to enhance career development
- Exchange information and receive feedback from experienced industry professionals
- Evaluate your current skill set and identify areas for growth
- Increase your visibility, open doors and enrich your industry network
About the Mentors
The May 2021 cohort of TIME mentors are an impressive and diverse group of security industry professionals, coming from a wide variety of companies and holding executive leadership positions and roles in engineering, sales, operations, project management, standards, distribution and more. Check out our group of dynamic mentors here.
Apply to Be a Mentee
Mentee Application Requirements
- Complete the Mentee Profile
- Attach one letter of recommendation or personal reference
- Tell us about yourself! Complete four short essay questions (100-word minimum)
Not a Member of RISE? Join today this community for young professionals also offers networking events, career growth webinars, career track sessions at ISC West, and East ane more. Learn more about RISE and sign up to join this exciting community and follow SIA and RISE on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedln.