Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education
The Security Industry Association and its RISE Committee are launching a new mentorship program for early and mid-career professionals. The Talent, Inclusion, Mentorship and Education (TIME) program is designed to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and empowerment of underrepresented identities in the security industry by creating a well-defined pathway for learning and development.
To create and maintain a security world full of diverse people, cultures and preferences.
• Career Development: Connect early and mid-career professionals, as well as students, with established industry professionals to further career growth and talent development.
• Skill Enhancement: Build and create a sustainable community of support through collaboration, networking and skill building.
• Recruitment: Attract students to the security industry by providing insights on the wide array of career opportunities.
• Executive Leadership Development: Promote executive leadership development opportunities that will encourage diversity within the ranks.
The SIA TIME mentorship program is designed to create a valuable learning experience and developmental opportunities for participants. Participation in the program does not guarantee mentees a promotion or selection into a future position within their company.
The SIA TIME mentorship program will run for 12 monthly sessions and have semiannual orientations. Participation in the program requires that the mentee and mentor:
• Sign a mentee/mentor agreement, including a code of ethics, at the beginning of their program
• Submit a quarterly program progress report detailing activities completed
• Attend an orientation and onboarding session, offered via webinar by a member of the SIA RISE Steering Committee.
• Complete a program evaluation form and help make recommendations to refine the program for future years
We're Looking for Great Mentors
Want to give back and help grow a talented and diverse industry? We need you. Apply today to be a SIA TIME program mentor!
Find a Mentor and Get Updates on TIME Mentorship Program Launch!
Interested in finding a mentor in the security industry? We're planning to open the program fully in early 2021, so in the meantime, drop your contact info in the form below to be among the first to get notified when our mentorship program launches!
Not a Member of RISE? Join today this community for young professionals also offers networking events, career growth webinars, career track sessions at ISC West, and East ane more. Learn more about RISE and sign up to join this exciting community and follow SIA and RISE on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedln.