Guide to Security Industry Manufacturers’ Representatives
Manufacturers’ representatives (better known as rep firms and sometimes also called independent sales representatives) provide a variety of services for security product and solutions companies, including outside sales, training, customer engagement, technology demonstrations and even some project consulting. The firms typically represent multiple brands and product lines, and usually cover specific regions or states.
SIA has provided this guide to manufacturers’ representatives as a way for manufacturers, integrators and security practitioners to locate rep firms in their areas. To be included in this guide, your firm must be a SIA member [ join here ] at the special rate of $250 as an associate SIA member and your primary business function must be serving as a rep firm.
All SIA member firms can be found in the SIA Member Directory, which offers the ability to search by state, company type, company name and more.
While a Security Industry Association (SIA) membership meets a variety of corporate interests and needs, here are 5 reasons why your firm should belong:
- Make connections! We represent the very best manufacturers and it is a great way for you to make connections and expand your product lines. According to the 2018 SIA Membership Survey, Networking is the Number One reason all companies join SIA! Helping facilitate connections between members is what SIA does exceedingly well!
- Stay informed! We produce expert information on emerging technologies and industry issues which ignites or reinforces current business strategies. Included in your membership are such publications as the Security Technology Insights journal, Security Market Index, and the forthcoming cyber security benchmarking report sponsored by SIA and the Wall Street Journal.
- Have a seat at the table! We foster innovation and collaboration between members through various activities involving federal/state advocacy, industry standards, market research, education, training and professional development. With membership you would have the opportunity to participate in our extensive list of committees and working groups.
- Profile Your Business! SIA is expanding our online membership directory to better highlight member rep firms as an industry resource. Expanded rep firm listings will now include a drop down profile where you can list a business profile, coverage area, manufacturers represented, key contacts, etc., all on the SIA website!
- Professional Development! Partnering with The Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational Research Foundation (MRERF) SIA member companies can improve their competitive advantage by taking advantage of Certified Sales Professional (CSP) and Certified Professional Manufacturers Rep (CPMR) certification programs at discounted rates.
I encourage you and your company to consider joining the industry-leading security association – SIA!
To start your membership today, please contact John Coleman at 301.804.4706 or email@example.com