SIA OSDP Boot Camp
OSDP Boot Camp Is Back! Join Us for the Next Training
Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) is an access control communications standard developed by the Security Industry Association (SIA) to improve interoperability among access control and security products. With the protocol now in wide use by many top product developers, knowledge of how to design, specify and configure OSDP systems is becoming vital for security systems integrators, government security teams, corporate security practitioners and specifying consultants.
SIA's OSDP Boot Camp has returned and is a daylong in-depth training on how to design, configure and deploy modern, interoperable, OSDP-compliant access control systems. Attendees will learn how to more effectively do business with sophisticated firms that demand current security technologies, receive the information needed to train teams on OSDP, gain the skills to transition from legacy access control to today's modern technologies and more.
Discounts are available for group registrations.
- SIA Members: $695
- Non-Members: $795
- Groups of 3 or More: $549 Each
Contact SIA Associate Director Cameron Walker-Miller to get the latest information on these upcoming courses.
Why You Need SIA OSDP Boot Camp Training
SIA OSDP is an access control communications standard developed by SIA to improve interoperability among access control and security products. With the protocol now in wide use by many top product developers, including Cypress Integration Solutions, HID Global, LenelS2, Mercury, WaveLynx and others, knowledge of how to design, specify and configure OSDP systems is becoming vital for security systems integrators, government security teams, corporate security practitioners and specifying consultants.
Through the SIA OSDP Boot Camp, You Will:
- Prepare yourself to do business with sophisticated firms that demand current security technologies
- Receive the information, resources and training you need to train your team on OSDP
- Gain the skills to transition from legacy access control like Wiegand to today’s modern technologies
- Learn to interface Internet of Things devices with cybersecurity requirements in mind
- Receive training on the use of OSDP with federal government personal identity verification (PIV)-compliant access and identity systems
Who Should Attend
The SIA OSDP Boot Camp is for anyone interested in implementing OSDP as a protocol and/or seeking to deploy modern access control systems – especially for security systems integrators, security specifiers/consultants and managers, directors and technical staff responsible for the security at government facilities and corporate environments.
SIA OSDP Boot Camp is an ASIS Preferred CPE Provider; participants of the Boot Camp may claim 8 CPE credits for this course.
Course and Instructors
Instructors of the SIA OSDP Boot Camp course are access control, integration and cybersecurity experts who have helped guide and advance this standard to its forthcoming standard recognition by the American National Standards Institute and the International Electrotechnical Commission.
Our instructors take a personalized and hands-on training style, and our small class size (limited to 24 registrants) ensures a student-teacher ratio of no greater than 8:1.
- Study and work collaboratively with your peers
- Enjoy a personalized approach with multiple instructors
- Participate in periodic review to reinforce concepts
- Participate in hands-on training and lab exercises with OSDP technology kit (kit can be purchased at a discount)
- Benefit from training applicable to a range of vendor equipment
- Module 1: What Is OSDP?
- Module 2: OSDP Technical Principles
- Module 3: OSDP Deployment, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Hands-on interaction with OSDP protocol devices from various vendors
- Experiments using OSDP debugging tools
All Attendees Will Receive
- A course guide
- Various OSDP guidelines and resources
- A SIA OSDP checklist
- A certificate of completion
- Course verification for continuing education credits
Questions about the SIA OSDP Boot Camp?
Contact SIA Associate Director of Standards and Technology Cameron Walker-Miller at email@example.com.