SIA OSDP Boot Camp
Announcing the SIA OSDP Boot Camp!
One day of in-depth training on how to design, configure and deploy modern, interoperable, OSDP-compliant access control solutions
Date/Time: Course will be held October. 24, 2019.
Location: Security Industry Association (SIA) offices, 8405 Colesville Rd, Suite 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Rates: *$595 for SIA members;*$695 for non-members.(Before September 6, 2019)
*After September 2nd rate increases to $695 for members; $795 for non-members
Multi-Registration Discount Available: $125/ticket discount when registering 3 or more attendees (Contact SIA to unlock this discount!)
Why You Need SIA OSDP Boot Camp Training
Open Supervised Device Protocol (OSDP) is an access control communications standard developed by SIA to improve interoperability among access control and security products. With the protocol now in wide use by many top product developers, including Cypress Integration Solutions, HID Global, LenelS2, Mercury, WaveLynx and others, knowledge of how to design, specify and configure OSDP systems is becoming vital for security systems integrators, government security teams, corporate security practitioners and specifying consultants.
At the SIA OSDP Boot Camp, you will:
- Prepare yourself to do business with sophisticated firms that demand current security technologies
- Receive the information, resources and training you need to train your team on OSDP
- Gain the skills to transition from legacy access control like Wiegand to today’s modern technologies
- Learn to interface Internet of Things devices with cybersecurity requirements in mind
- Receive training on the use of OSDP with federal government personal identity verification (PIV)-compliant access and identity systems
Who Should Attend
The SIA OSDP Boot Camp is for anyone interested in implementing OSDP as a protocol and/or seeking to deploy modern access control systems – especially for security systems integrators, security specifiers/consultants and managers, directors and technical staff responsible for the security at government facilities and corporate environments.
Course and Instructors
Instructors of the SIA OSDP Boot Camp course are access control, integration and cybersecurity experts who have helped guide and advance this standard to its forthcoming standard recognition by the American National Standards Institute and the International Electrotechnical Commission.
Our instructors take a personalized and hands-on training style, and our small class size (limited to 24 registrants) ensure a student-teacher ratio of no greater than 8:1.
- Study and work collaboratively with your peers
- Enjoy a personalized approach with multiple instructors
- Participate in periodic review to reinforce concepts
- Participate in hands-on training and lab exercises with OSDP technology kit (kit can be purchased at a discount)
- Benefit from training applicable to a range of vendor equipment
- Module 1: What is OSDP?
- Module 2: OSDP Technical Principles
- Module 3: OSDP Deployment, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Hands-on interaction with OSDP protocol devices from various vendors
- Experiments using OSDP debugging tools
All Attendees Will Receive
- A course guide
- Various OSDP guidelines and resources
- An OSDP checklist
- A certificate of completion
Course verification for continuing education credits
Questions about the SIA OSDP Boot Camp?
Contact SIA Director of Standards Joe Gittens at email@example.com.