NEW! Instructor-Led, Virtual Courses to Help You Grow Your Business and Technical Know-How
SIAcademy LIVE! e-learning programs are presented as tracks with between 4 and 6 hours of training each. They are geared to accelerate your business growth, covering topics like how to do business with the government, how to optimize challenging parts of your integration business, cybersecurity training for physical security pros and even technical training on video and access control systems.
- Instructor-led live online programming: Just like SIA’s popular Security Project Management courses, our SIAcademy LIVE! programs are all led by SIA-selected expert instructors in a small-group type format (maximum class size is 25 students). Expect lots of interaction; come ready to ask questions, bring your problems and share collaboratively with other students.
- 4+ hours of training per course: You'll attend weekly classes covering important topics with each series.
- 100% virtual! Our e-learning format makes it convenient to fit this into your busy schedule.
- Missed a class? Don’t worry, all sessions will be recorded for your on-demand access.
- Certificate of Completion: Once you complete a series, you will receive an official SIA Certificate of Completion, attesting your knowledge in this area.
- SIA Center of Excellence quality content: Each SIAcademy LIVE! learning series is approved as SIA Center of Excellence content, ensuring it is thorough, vendor-neutral and highly informative.
Purchase Access to SIAcademy LIVE! Learning Programs
- Individual Access: Purchase your access to a SIAcademy LIVE! series for just $149 ($149 for SIA members; non-member rate is $199).
- Corporate Access Package: Purchase access to any SIAcademy LIVE! series for any 5 employees for just $499 ($499 for SIA members; non-member corporate package is $699 for 5 employees).
- Larger Access Packages Available: Email Elli Voorhees to inquire about other options.
Next Course Series Begins March 17
Doing Business With the Government
2021 SIAcademy LIVE! Courses
Course Dates: March 17, 24 and 31; April 7, 14 and 21
Wednesdays, 2-3 p.m. EDT
If you are seeking to create or expand your government business, this series is for you! It is particularly relevant for security industry systems integrators, manufacturers and any company developing products or providing services with government applications. This series will rely on SIA’s extensive knowledge of government agencies, programs, procedures and opportunities to help your business find growth in this market segment.
- Executive leadership seeking government business growth
- Business development professionals working with government clients
- Product managers and other manufacturer employees creating solutions targeted for government applications
- Systems integrators and service providers seeking to expand government business
These six training sessions will cover the following topics:
- Doing Business With the Government: Getting Started and Identifying Project Opportunities (March 17)
- Instructor: Shenê Commodore, Government Contracts and Business Manager, Intertek
- Identifying Applicable Federal and State Grants Programs (March 24)
- Instructor: Jake Parker, Senior Director, Government Relations, SIA
- State and Federal Contracting (March 31)
- Instructor: To Be Announced
- Leveraging the GSA Schedules Program (April 7)
- Instructor: Lynn de Seve, President, GSA Schedules, Inc.
- Guidance on Buy America/Buy American Requirements (April 14)
- Instructor: Dismas Locaria, Partner, Venable LLP
- Cybersecurity Certifications Required for Government Partners (April 21)
- Instructor: Andrew Lanning, Co-Founder, Integrated Security Technologies
Learning Levels: Intermediate, Advanced
Pricing: Registration for this course series is $149/$199 (SIA members save $50). A 5-seat corporate registration package is $499/$699 (SIA members save $200) and includes registration for five individuals from your company.