Education sessions cover wide range of physical, public safety and cybersecurity trends
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – ISC West, the largest converged security event in the United States, today introduces the lineup for its 2020 SIA Education@ISC sessions, in collaboration with premier partner the Security Industry Association (SIA).
Together, SIA and ISC West will be making educational sessions available during ISC West, taking place March 17-20, 2020, (SIA Education@ISC: March 17-19 | Exhibit Hall: March 18-20) at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. The comprehensive program includes nearly 100 accredited sessions covering a range of industry topics, such as connected security, unmanned systems, smart cities, loss prevention and supply chain and more, designed to provide the necessary knowledge security professionals require to prevent threats and make a real-world impact in an increasingly converged security landscape.
SIA Education@ISC Session Snapshot
- Day 1 Keynote: Wednesday, March 18, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Scaling Enterprise Risk Management at the Speed of Global Transportation
- Charles Burns, head of security – new mobility, Uber, will explain how Uber navigates a challenging landscape by using technology to enable their business, secure company assets and ensure the safety of riders and drivers globally.
- Day 2 Keynote: Thursday, March 19, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
On the Edge of Transformation: Securing a Connected Future With IoT
Brought to you by: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Michael MacKenzie, general manager, Amazon IoT Connectivity & Control at AWS, will explain how AWS IoT enables organizations to protect the evolving security-focused Internet of Things ecosystem, built on the rapidly progressing marketplace underscored by the convergence of our digital and physical worlds, in order to secure the connected world of tomorrow.
- “I Dreamed a Dream”: Leading in the Smart/Safe/Connected City Revolution
- There are millions of devices already deployed in cities across the country and around the world. With billions more coming, those devices have a significant impact on the delivery of a range of services including safety and security. In this session, there will be a discussion of how to form a smart/safe/connected city strike force to create a positive business environment and mitigate public safety threats.
- Security on The Ledge: Transforming Willis Tower, an American Icon
- For a U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SAFETY Act designated site, balancing the demands of the building’s distinction with the competitive leasing market and trends toward open, collaborative workspaces is a challenging feat. This session will explore how the design team weaves physical security and technologies into the renovation, embracing a five-star operational experience in this high-population, high-throughput symbol of Chicago.
- How Robotics Enables Cybersecurity With a Human Touch
- Access control is a vital element of any cybersecurity program – it can tell you who has badged into the system, but not who is actually on the premises. Integrating robots with a security team can capitalize on robotics technology with the human factor to help security managers know who is in the facility after hours and to help protect an organization from cyber breaches.
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Security Industry – Your Questions Answered!
- Do you know the meaning of (and the difference between) “diversity” and “inclusion”? Do you know how diversity and inclusion (D&I) can contribute to your business goals and help achieve competitive advantage? This session will explore how the topics of D&I are important to the success of the security industry now and in the future.
- DHS Town Hall Meeting at ISC West: Enhancing Security and Doing Business at the Speed of Life
- DHS is changing the way it does business in areas of contracting, tech-scouting and experimentation and seeks new ideas and partners to enhance security and accelerate technology solutions. This meeting will explore what DHS is doing today to release old constraints to ensure things like passenger checkpoints, cargo container screening and first responder operations.
“Each year, our goal is to keep our finger on the pulse of the converged security issues driving our industry forward and provide our attendees with the education they need to deal with the complex security threats they’re faced with every day,” said Will Wise, group vice president, security portfolio at Reed Exhibitions.” In 2020, we’re emphasizing major trends, such as unmanned security and smart cities, while introducing new programming on topics attendees have asked to see incorporated, such as loss prevention and supply chain. We’re evolving to meet the educational needs of our audience.”
In addition to the nearly 100 education sessions, ISC West and SIA will be holding the SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast at ISC West, brought to you by Siemens, on Friday, March 20. Attendees will hear from Jaime Paris Boisvert, general manager for Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and have the opportunity tonetwork with their peers during the complimentary breakfast.
“SIA and ISC West deliver the most robust and compelling educational programming possible through the SIA Education@ISC West conference program,” said Dr. Elli Voorhees, director of education and training at SIA. “Each year, SIA volunteers review many expert conference proposals to determine the most cutting-edge sessions and topics that will drive success for the industry.”
Registration & Full Lineup
Registration for ISC West is officially open. Exhibit Hall registration includes access to all the featured exhibits: Connected Security, Drones & Robotics, Emerging Tech, Loss Prevention & Supply Chain, Public Safety and Smart Home (sponsored by Alarm.com). Extra fees apply for the SIA Education@ISC program.
About ISC West
ISC West (in partnership with premier sponsor SIA) is the largest converged security event of the year, constantly evolving to educate security professionals on the tools and skills needed to protect against today’s emerging cyber-physical security threats and the anticipated ones of tomorrow.
The 50+-year-old ISC Security Events brand is trusted to provide the assets and knowledge needed to fight emerging threats. Over 1,000 international and domestic companies and brands across physical, IT and IoT security debut their new products at the tradeshow to over 30,000 security industry professionals. Through its partnership with the Security Industry Association (SIA), ISC West offers accredited educational sessions on all types of industry topics through SIA Education@ISC.
ISC West 2020 will take place March 17-20, 2020 (SIA Education@ISC: March 17-19 | Exhibit Hall: March 18-20) at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For more information, visit iscwest.com.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in over 30 countries. In 2016 Reed brought together over seven million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 41 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of RELX Group, a world leading provider of professional information solutions. For more information, visit reedexpo.com.
SIA (securityindustry.org) is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,000 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through education and training, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.