SIA’s public policy and government security technology conference will take place May 24-25 in Washington, D.C.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the schedule, speaker lineup and program for the 2022 SIA GovSummit, SIA’s annual public policy and government security technology conference. SIA GovSummit 2022 will be held May 24-25 as an in-person conference at the National Housing Center in Washington, D.C.
Each year, SIA GovSummit brings together government security leaders with private industry technologists for top-quality information sharing and education on security topics affecting federal, state and local agencies. The 2022 GovSummit program includes specialized sessions on essential topics in contracting, procurement, infrastructure and facility protection; highlights how security product standards help meet government needs; and explores the latest policies, practices and trends impacting security. In addition to featuring a cadre of security industry speakers, the 2022 SIA GovSummit will include insights from experts at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency, the Architect of the Capitol, the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and more.
“The 2022 SIA GovSummit features a robust lineup of expert speakers and insightful sessions on the most critical topics connecting government, security and technology,” said Jake Parker, senior director of government relations at SIA. “We look forward to bringing government and industry professionals together in person again this year to connect, share information and explore essential issues ranging from security convergence to federal procurement trends and how government can leverage cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence, biometrics and video analytics to secure their facilities, critical infrastructure, public spaces and more.”
Each day of the 2022 SIA GovSummit will kick off at 9 a.m. EDT. Attendees will hear keynote presentations from Charlie Guddemi, statewide interoperability coordinator for the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency; and Figen Murray, OBE – the mother of Martyn Hett, one of the 22 people who died in the 2017 Manchester Arena attack and the leading advocate for “Protect Duty” legislation in the United Kingdom.
Additional session topics will include:
- Security convergence and achieving integrated security
- Standards, requirements and resources for modernizing physical access control systems
- How to leverage government acquisition contracts and federal supply schedules for security solutions
- Protecting building occupants against active assailants
- New approaches to noninvasive security screening
- Securing critical infrastructure through Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) funding and the impact of IIJA Buy American requirements
- How advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies are enhancing federal investigations
- Threat, vulnerability and risk assessment methods for protecting public spaces
- Leveraging video analytics and AI for perimeter security
- What security industry organizations need to know about emerging cybersecurity policies
In addition to the two-day conference program, SIA attendees will enjoy evening receptions on both days of GovSummit. On May 24, SIA will host a leadership awards ceremony, including the presentation of the Women in Biometrics Awards, a globally recognized program presented by SIA with support from sponsors AVISIAN, Biometric Update, IDEMIA, FindBiometrics and SIA’s Identity & Biometric Technology Advisory Board and Women in Security Forum. On May 25, attendees will be invited to join the SIA and the National Capital Region Security Forum (NCRSF) for a lively NCRSF networking reception for security industry professionals.
Speakers for the 2022 SIA GovSummit include:
- Keynote: Figen Murray, OBE, speaker and counterterrorism advocate
- State and local keynote: Charlie Guddemi, statewide interoperability coordinator, D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency
- William Braniff, director, National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
- Lynn de Séve, president, GSA Schedules Inc.
- Matthew Eggers, vice president of cybersecurity policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Daryle Hernandez, chief, Interagency Security Committee, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Paul Jeffrey, chair, Perimeter Security Supplier Association
- James Lewis, executive director, Strategic Solutions Office, Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Philip J. Matson, DHS standards executive, DHS Science and Technology Directorate
- Joe Okes, assistant director, resilience and security, Architect of the Capitol
- Rob Reiter, principal, Reiter and Reiter Consulting; chair, SIA Perimeter Security Subcommittee
- LaTasha Thompson, director, Office of SAFETY Act Implementation, DHS Science and Technology Directorate
This event is free for all government employees, including U.S. and international federal, state, county and municipal-level staff, plus all military, law enforcement and public safety personnel. SIA GovSummit is considered a “widely attended gathering” and complies with all relevant event guidelines. Industry access starts at $295 for early bird registrants; early bird pricing ends April 22. Learn more and register to attend here.
SIA GovSummit 2022 is sponsored by Aiphone; Allegion; AMAG Technology; Ameristar Perimeter Security UAS Inc.; Ariel Technologies; ARX Perimeters; ASSA ABLOY; Axis Communications; Bastille; Bosch; Buffalo Armory; CISA; the DHS Science and Technology Directorate; dormakaba; Evolon; Genetec; Gibraltar; GSA Schedules, Inc.; Hanwha Techwin America; HID Global; Identity One; ISC Security Events; LenelS2; Louroe Electronics; the Perimeter Security Suppliers Association; RaySecur; ReconaSense; Shooter Detection Systems; Thales; ThreatModeler; Tyco Security Products; Voyager Labs; and Wesco. Information about sponsoring GovSummit can be found here.
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,200 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through learning and development, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.