McChrystal, retired four-star general and CEO of the McChrystal Group, will join top C-suite, cybersecurity and business leaders at the security industry’s executive conference, presented by the Security Industry Association and taking place Oct. 17-18 in New York City.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced General Stanley McChrystal – a retired four-star general, former commander of U.S. and International Security Assistance Forces Afghanistan, former commander of the nation’s premier military counterterrorism force, Joint Special Operations Command, and CEO and chairman of the McChrystal Group – as the 2023 dinner keynote speaker for Securing New Ground (SNG), the security industry’s executive conference, taking place Oct. 17-18 at the InterContinental Times Square in New York City.
Each year at SNG, the security industry gathers for top-level information sharing, networking and business analysis. The 2023 conference program will explore cutting-edge issues, like emerging global threats and artificial intelligence (AI) in security; share chief information officer and chief information security officer perspectives on supply chain and access control; share investment insights for the security industry; and foster new connections through interactive sessions and dynamic roundtable discussions.
New in 2023, a special rooftop evening reception on Oct. 17 – an add-on experience to the 2023 SNG ticket – will offer conference attendees the opportunity to relax, network and dine with top industry executives while hearing a dynamic keynote presentation from McChrystal, who, during his military career, was best known for developing and implementing a comprehensive counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan and creating a cohesive counterterrorism organization that revolutionized the interagency operating culture. In his current role as founder, partner, CEO and chairman of the McChrystal Group, McChrystal advises senior executives at multinational corporations on navigating complex change and building stronger teams.
“SIA is honored to welcome Stan McChrystal as our first-ever Securing New Ground dinner keynote speaker – bringing his wealth of knowledge about the global threat environment and military and leadership expertise to an insightful presentation for our 2023 SNG attendees,” said SIA Board of Directors Chair James Rothstein. “This year’s conference will truly shape security and business trends and deliver unique opportunities to engage with the leaders who are driving the future of our industry. We look forward to offering this new dinner experience for the industry executives attending SNG.”
Additional highlights of the 2023 SNG program include:
- A Day 1 keynote presentation from James P. O’Neill, senior vice president and head of global security at Visa, about his strategies for Visa’s global physical and personnel security
- A Day 2 keynote address from Phil Mackintosh, chief economist and senior vice president at Nasdaq, about how market conditions and financial indicators will impact the U.S. and global economies
- Executive conversations with Bill Geary, executive vice president and general manager, communications at security solutions at Wesco; Bjorn Lidefelt, executive vice president and head at HID Global; George Oliver, chairman and CEO and Johnson Controls; and Pierre Racz, CEO of Genetec
- The return of the popular “View From the Top” session on major trends and challenges in global security, featuring Dave Ilardi, senior vice president and president of the Americas at Allegion; Ray Mauritsson, CEO of Axis Communications; Nicole McDargh, vice president, safety and loss prevention at Domino’s; and Jeff Stanek, managing director, access solutions at Carrier Fire & Security, moderated by Scott Schafer, CEO at SMS Advisors
- An engaging presentation on investment insights for the security industry, featuring Alper Cetingok, managing director and head of diversified industrials at Raymond James, and John Mack III, executive vice president at Imperial Capital
- A star-studded panel of corporate security leaders, including Charles Burns, vice president of security for the Miami Dolphins; Brian Harrell, vice president at chief security officer at AVANGRID and former assistant secretary for infrastructure protection at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security; Daniel Mulligan, director of security at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts; Helen Negre, chief cybersecurity officer at Siemens USA; and moderator Chris Meiter, president of Salient Systems; who will be exploring challenges ranging from protecting critical infrastructure to protecting critical data
Additional session and conversation topics at SNG 2023 will include the following:
- The fast-moving global risk landscape and how industry executives are addressing major trends and challenges
- The meaningful impact of AI on security applications now and in the near future
- The future of the security integrator amid major industry upheavals and hiring challenges
- Predictions on the supply chain of security and other emerging pressures
- The latest industry investment insights, including perspectives on Wall Street, private equity and mergers and acquisitions
This event is free for government security leaders and just $100 for security practitioners, including security managers, chief security officers and security directors. Industry registration starts at just $995 for those who register early, and the SNG dinner reception featuring McChrystal’s keynote presentation is a $200 add-on experience; learn more and register here.
SNG 2023 is supported by sponsors ACRE, Allegion, Arcules, AMAG Technology, ASSA ABLOY, Axis Communications, Bosch, Brivo, Convergint, dormakaba, Genetec, Hanwha Vision, Houlihan Lokey, Imperial Capital, i-PRO, ISS, Johnson Controls, LenelS2, Louroe Electronics, Milestone, PrefTech, Raymond James, SAGE Integration, Salient, Security-Net, Wachter and Wesco; industry partner ISC Security Events; and media partners Access Control Executive Brief, International Security Journal, SDM, Security Magazine, Security Business, SecurityInfoWatch, Security Journal Americas, Security Sales & Integration, Security Systems News and Security Technology Executive.
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,400 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through learning and development, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.