SIA GovSummit to be held in Washington, D.C., June 27-28, 2018; event adds half-day Secure Schools Roundtable to agenda.
Silver Spring, Md. — The Security Industry Association (SIA) has opened registration for its annual public policy and government security technology conference, SIA GovSummit. At the 2018 SIA GovSummit, security industry leaders and government officials meet and examine technology requirements, review policy trends, and address evolving security challenges. Additionally, the Secure Schools Roundtable on day of the conference will address school security needs, funding, guidelines and standards.
SIA will host SIA GovSummit 2018 at the NAHB headquarters conference facility, located at 1201 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, on June 27-28. Registration is open at the SIA GovSummit website at www.securityindustry.org/summit.
“Particularly with the emphasis on IT modernization and many active legislative priorities, federal and state governments are reviewing where to invest in security technologies,” said Jake Parker, SIA Director of Government Relations. “SIA GovSummit allows government leaders and security industry professionals to collaborate, share information and assess security investment priorities. Our 2018 SIA GovSummit agenda shares wide-ranging perspectives on government security initiatives and helps the private and public sectors work together on important issues.”
The first day of the conference will feature a full day of sessions on key government security topics, as well as networking events and the SIA Policy Leadership Awards dinner.
Session topics for day one of SIA GovSummit government security conference include the following:
New Policies Impacting Security
- IT Modernization Initiatives: Implications for Security and Surveillance
- Interagency Security Committee (ISC) Policies and Best Practices: New Initiatives in 2018
- New OMB Identity Policy Guidelines: Impact on Federal PACS
- CBP’s Technology Infrastructure Strategy for Securing the Border
Procurement Strategies for Effective Security Solutions
- Federal Category Management, GSA Contracts and Other Procurement Initiatives
- Harnessing Innovations Through Lifecyle Management and Tech Refresh Strategies
- Navigating Buy American and other Domestic Content Requirements
Government Standards Driving Adoption of Security Technology
- Movement to the Cloud – Using FEDRAMP for Video and Other Security Applications
- Understanding the RMF Process for DOD Information Technology
- NIST Standards Development and Security
Key Legislation Impacting Security Technology
- Congressional staff discuss legislative developments in impacting use of security technology in defense, homeland security and critical infrastructure protection.
Emerging Technologies for Public Safety, Homeland Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning in Video and other Applications
- Counter-UAS Technology: The Path Forward for Government and Private Security
- The Growing Uses of IP Audio for Threat Detection
- Facial Recognition Goes Mainstream: From Law Enforcement to Border Security
On day two of the SIA GovSummit conference, in addition to its member visits to Capitol Hill offices, SIA is expanding the popular Secure Schools Roundtable into a half-day event presented in cooperation with the Congressional School Safety Caucus. This timely gathering will be held at room HVC 201 of the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and will feature discussion with key stakeholders from government, education, law enforcement, and industry. Important topics for the Secure Schools Roundtable include:
- The need for school security guidelines and standards
- The role of the federal and state governments in funding school security
- The need for coordination among educators, school facility personnel and first responders in protecting our schools
Early bird registration rates are available through June 1. SIA offers a discount hotel block for those traveling to Washington. To register and find more information, visit www.securityindustry.org/summit.
Discuss SIA GovSummit 2018 on social media with hashtag #SIAGOV18.
About the Security Industry Association
The Security Industry Association (SIA) (www.securityindustry.org) is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with more than 800 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and collaboration with other like-minded organizations. As a proud sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA Government Summit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground®, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.