The Security Industry Association (SIA) Proptech Advisory Board (PTAB) is excited to announce that we will be introducing a first-of-its-kind report focused on security solutions trends in the proptech and commercial real estate sector. We’ve enlisted CREtech – a company with extensive experience in proptech and commercial real estate that offers research, events and the largest international community of professionals devoted to tech innovation in real estate – to produce this report. The new resource will share an external view of the security industry from the insiders of proptech.
This new SIA research aims to provide a better understanding of the state of the security solutions marketplace from the landlord’s perspective. The report will capture data and insights from thousands of C-suite executives, developers, property managers, asset pension fund managers, real estate investment trusts, investors and professional service/consultancy firms operating within the multifamily, office, logistics/warehouse, retail and hospitality verticals to offer a comprehensive, unique look into how buyers view the security solutions within their properties.
The report will be available in late October, and for those of you going to Securing New Ground (SNG) 2022 (taking place Oct. 18-19 in New York City), you’ll get a sneak peek of the results during the conference! Join us Oct. 18 at 11:15 a.m. (EDT) for the high-impact panel session Security as Proptech: Unlock New Value and Opportunities in the Digital Transformation of Real Estate to explore market and growth opportunities for security solutions companies.
SIA’s research report will look across the following product categories within the commercial real estate sector:
🔒 Access Control
⏰ Alarm and Intrusion
🔖 Asset Tracking
🤖 Autonomous/Unmanned Systems (Robotics and Drones)
🔫 Weapons/Threat Detection
🎥 Video Surveillance
📺 Video Management System (VMS)
🔉 Audio Surveillance
💳 Identity/Credentialing Management
🚧 Perimeter Security (gates, fences, bollards, etc.)
Additionally, the research will ask essential questions, including:
- What security solutions are you using within your portfolio?
- How would you rank security solutions as a priority within your overall technology/innovation strategy?
- What security solution(s) brand(s) are you currently deploying?
- How frequently are systems assessed and reviewed?
- What level of interoperability exists today between different security solutions?
- What are your major pain points with these systems?
- Who are the typical users of these systems?
- How would you rank the main driver(s) in deploying/considering security solutions by order of importance?
- What is your near-term outlook for updating security solutions?
- How are decisions made for security solutions?
- Where do you source information on security solutions?
- What other types of tech solutions are you deploying or considering for the future, and how important are they?
The PTAB comprises all industry volunteers primarily, globally located and from all aspects of the business. Feel free to reach out to Edison Shen or me to learn more about how you can get involved, or join us at Securing New Ground to hear the results of the research firsthand. See you in New York!