Security Systems Technician Apprenticeship Program Application
Ready to launch? Take the next step and apply!
This application is the first step in applying to the Security Systems Technician Apprenticeship Program. Potential employers may require additional information for employment. (Please note that the Security Industry Association (SIA) does not hire or employ apprentices. SIA works with its member companies to place apprentices in full-time, entry-level positions.)
Eligibility and Requirements
- Must be at least 16 years (Enter an age of at least 16 years) of age, except where a higher age is required by law.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program with or without reasonable accommodations, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of individual or others.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. to apply to this program.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to use basic hand tools, drills and diagnostic equipment to install electronic security equipment and/or low-voltage technology devices
- This position is ideal for someone that wants to learn the security business and develop technical skills in cybersecurity.
- No prior technical experience is required to apply to the SST apprenticeship program.
- Successful completion of 10th grade math and English