SIA Guide to School Security Funding
JUST Updated: New School Security Funding Information as of November 2022!
What’s New in This Edition:
- New details on federal school security grants
- 23 states included: details on state grants money for school security
About the Guide to School Security Funding
More than ever before, education leaders are seeking security enhancements to their facilities as part of their comprehensive school safety strategies. The Security Industry Association (SIA) is pleased to introduce the SIA Guide to School Security Funding for SIA members, their clients and our organizational partners in response to the need for more centralized information on school security grants and the variety of sources of funding available specifically for K-12 school security solutions.
In this informative guide, explore:
- Primary sources of funding for school security improvements
- Details of key federal grant programs focused on school security technology, equipment and related uses, including allowable costs, eligibility and how to apply
- Summaries of school security grant programs and related state grant programs that fund equipment and technology for school security enhancements for the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- State school security grant information includes details on eligibility, allowable uses and requirements, available funds, points of contact and how to apply
- Key supporting documents, resources, training programs and links for grant applications
- Information on state-specific security requirements
- Details on cooperative purchasing mechanisms using the General Services Administration Schedule contract and other programs for state and local government
Access the SIA School Security Funding Guide
(this download is free for SIA members)
Free for SIA members! If you are a SIA member, log in to your mySIA account to obtain free access to this valuable resource. (Not sure if your company is a member? Access the SIA Member Directory here.)
Not a SIA member? You can purchase the School Security Funding Guide for $349 or become a member of SIA to unlock this and countless other benefits for your organization, including research and publications, training and education offerings, events and networking opportunities, advocacy, professional development and more. SIA membership starts at just $250 for associate members and $600 for regular members, which includes security manufacturers, integrators and others. Explore membership benefits, options and more.
If you are a school or district employee and wish to access this guide, contact SIA’s Jake Parker at email@example.com for a copy.