August 4, 2020
On July 14, 2020, the U.S. government issued implementation rules for a regulation that prohibits the procurement of certain Chinese telecommunications and video surveillance products found in section 889(a)(1)(B) of the NDAA for FY 2019 (Pub. L. 115-232). The regulations will have a high impact on federal contractors doing business with the U.S. government, as the implementing rules will affect contractors’ commercial work and jobs that are unrelated to federal government work. This one-hour session will help your firm understand and navigate these new requirements for doing business with the federal government.
What You’ll Learn:
- Timeline for the implementation and your firm’s compliance
- Steps you should take to ensure compliance
- Companies affected by the prohibition and rules
- Remaining points of confusion in the rule’s language
- SIA’s position on the implementation of this prohibition
- Lynn de Séve, President, GSA Schedules Inc.
- Dismas (Diz) Locaria, Partner, Venable LLP
- Jake Parker, Senior Director of Government Relations, Security Industry Association (SIA)