Organizations seeking content and speaking proposals on topics that can educate and inform practitioners, integrators, business operators and employees
The Security Industry Association (SIA) and ASIS International are co-developing a webinar series to provide essential training and informational content on COVID-19 responses for security practitioners, systems integrators and employees of companies providing solutions and services within the security industry. Webinar program content will be delivered in the very near future and will be freely available to SIA and ASIS members.
Current and Upcoming SIA/ASIS Webinars
Visit the webinar’s page to learn more and RSVP for an upcoming webinar (or to watch it on demand if it has already occurred).
- Tuesday, April 21: Securing Schools and Campuses During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wednesday, April 29: Business Continuity and Supply Chain Management Issues During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Tuesday, May 5: Security on the Front Lines – Evolving Legal Issues
- Tuesday, May 12: Connecting Through Crisis
- Thursday, May 28: Facilities Management – Reopening Concerns for COVID-19 Recovery
Speaker & Content Proposals Wanted: Get Involved
As part of the program, SIA and ASIS International are seeking content proposals and speaking proposals.
Identified topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- How to virtualize security control and command center operations
- Managing essential and remote teams for security operations
- How to virtualize your systems integration business and what you can still do remotely
- Managing data privacy and cybersecurity during periods of extended remote work
- Performance of contracts during a pandemic
- Virtualizing risk and vulnerability assessments
- Strategies to keep employees safe
- Intelligence around new developments, government orders, virus spread and containment
Key themes and interest areas of content will include:
- Security practitioner response and preparedness programs
- Systems integration business impacts and strategy
- IT/computing/cyber concerns
- Business continuity and resilience
- Human resources
- Leveraging technology applications
SIA members and other interested persons who feel they have unique insights into the response and lessons to share to their colleagues should contact SIA Director of Education and Training Elli Voorhees at email@example.com.