Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and resources, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Alutel Mobility, Apple, ASH Associates, Community Controls, Connected Technology Integrators, Controlled Products Systems Group, Facepoint, Infusion Direct Marketing, Northwest Controls Systems, Tempo Cyber Group, U.S. Bullet Proofing and YourSix. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- The call for proposals has been extended for the SIA Education@ISC conference programs at ISC East 2022 and ISC West 2023. If you or a colleague are interested in presenting best practices, lessons learned, case studies or other ideas that would benefit ISC East or West attendees, send in your proposal by Friday, June 17! Learn more here.
- Applications are open for the 2022 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship. Through this program open to all SIA members and student members, each awardee will receive $10,000 to use toward continuing education and professional development courses, conferences or webinars, SIA program offerings, repayment of student loan debt and/or other academic or education programs. Applications are due July 8; learn more and get started here.
- The program, agenda and speakers have been revealed for the 2022 AcceleRISE conference, a unique and innovative event designed by SIA RISE for tomorrow’s security leaders taking place Aug. 1-3 in Austin, Texas. Early bird savings ends June 11; register now to save on this one-of-a-kind experience for young security industry professionals!
- New research for SIA members! In this report produced by Omdia for SIA, explore key market drivers and barriers for the cannabis security vertical, key state regulations on recreational and medicinal cannabis use and how to win business with cannabis end users. Access the report here.
- Ready to take your security projects and career to the next level? Join us virtually June 13-16 for the next Basics of Security Project Management Training! You’ll learn the essentials of security technology, budgeting, client management, timeline execution and more; sign up here.
- In the D.C. area? Join us for in-person networking on Thursday, June 16! The next SIA National Capital Region Security Forum event, graciously sponsored by World Wide Technology will be a great opportunity to meet with your colleagues, get caught up on what’s going on in the industry and enjoy a beverage and/or bite to eat. Learn more and RSVP here.
- On June 22, SIA will host a virtual info session on SIA’s Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification (SICC), the first industry credential focused specifically on cybersecurity and physical security convergence. You’ll hear what makes this program unique, benefits of getting certified and how you can get started; RSVP here.
- Last month, over 300 government security leaders and industry technologists gathered in downtown Washington, D.C., for a successful SIA GovSummit. This year’s GovSummit featured premier networking, information sharing and education on the security topics that matter most to government agencies. Relive the conference by browsing SIA’s photo gallery!
- At SIA GovSummit, five female leaders in biometrics and identity were honored as the 2022 recipients of the SIA Women in Biometrics Awards. Missed the award ceremony? Check out SIA’s profiles of honorees Amanda Conley, Delia McGarry, Gena Alexa, Bobby Varma and Diane Stephens.