Hosted by SIA’s RISE community and designed for young professionals, this fun, enriching event will take place Aug. 1-3 in Austin, Texas.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced the schedule, speaker lineup and program for the 2022 AcceleRISE conference, hosted by SIA’s RISE community for young professionals and those new to the security industry. This year’s AcceleRISE will be an in-person event held Aug. 1-3 in Austin, Texas.
AcceleRISE is an exciting, innovative conference created specifically for tomorrow’s security leaders. The event was designed to ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership and sharpen business acumen in young security talent. AcceleRISE tackles the issues that matter most to young professionals in the security industry and features a diverse array of premier learning sessions, interactive workshops and lively activities geared toward rising stars in the industry.
“After two years of virtual conferences and lots of screen time, we’re so excited to finally gather the security industry’s emerging leaders in person for AcceleRISE 2022 in Austin, Texas – a city known for its cutting-edge technology, creativity, culture and fun,” said Kelsey Carnell, chair of the SIA RISE committee. “Not only will you participate in thought-provoking sessions focused on both critical business and personal growth, you will also be able to partake in some unique networking activities, all with an incredibly dynamic group of attendees and presenters. You will not want to miss out on this engaging young professionals conference, the only one of its kind. AcceleRISE is a great opportunity to elevate your career, learn more about our industry, make valuable lifelong connections and have tons of fun. We can’t wait to see you in August!”
Session topics for AcceleRISE 2022 will include:
- The metaverse, NFTs and all things Web3
- The employee/manager relationship and authentic leadership
- Navigating construction delivery methods
- Talent selection and succession planning for leaders
- Negotiating and thinking about risk
- Professional pathways in security
- Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at your company
- Building user-focused security products
- Channel vs. direct sales
- The security industry’s tech evolution
- How mergers and acquisitions affect the security industry
Attendees will have the chance to form relationships with other young industry professionals and enjoy fun networking happy hours, line dancing and more.
Speakers for the 2022 event include:
- Nisha Advani, assistant vice president, strategy and business development, dormakaba Americas
- Derek Arcuri, manager – XaaS transformation, Genetec
- Paula Balmori, design consultant and onboarding specialist, Northland Controls
- Anthony Berticelli, vice president of operations, PSA Security Network
- Kelly Bond, partner, Davis Mergers and Acquisitions Group
- Todd Brodrick, ALC Consulting
- Kami Dukes, director of business development, North America, AMAG Technology
- Jon Harris, senior manager, partnerships, Latch
- Kabir Maiga, co-founder, PassiveBolt
- Taylor May, national sales director, Rekor Systems
- Kasia Moore, vice president and deputy general counsel, ADT
- Allen Mulanax, vice president, business development, Paladin Technologies
- Lee Odess, senior vice president, business and operations, Latch
- Elaine Palome, director of human resources, Americas, Axis Communications
- Lukas Quanstrom, CEO and co-founder, Ontic
- Eddie Reynolds, CEO and president, iluminar Inc.
- Erica Reynolds, founder and CEO, E.L. Reynolds & Associates, LLC
- Christine Rhinehart, senior product manager, Netflix
- Ryan Roberts, sales manager, Allegion
- Kristin Shockley, segment marketing manager, Genetec
- Ernie Ace Velayo, business development, AMAG Technology
- Kevin Wilhelm, country manager, Sharry
- Sabrina Wilson, senior vice president, human resources, dormakaba Americas
AcceleRISE 2022 is supported by Premier Sponsor Allegion; Full Conference Sponsors ALC Consulting, Axis Communications, BCD International, Brivo, dormakaba, Genetec, HID Global, Lee and Jen Odess, Northland Controls and SALTO; and Event Sponsors AMAG Technology, ISC Security Events, March Networks and System Surveyor.
SIA RISE is a collaborative community that fosters the careers of young professionals in the security industry. In addition to hosting AcceleRISE, the SIA RISE community offers fun in-person and virtual networking events, mentorship opportunities through the Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education (TIME) program, career growth webinars and e-learning, scholarships for use toward education and professional development and career tracks at top trade shows. RISE membership is available to all employees at SIA member companies who are young professionals under 40 or have been in the security industry for less than two years. Learn more about SIA RISE and sign up to join.
Pricing for AcceleRISE 2022 starts at just $399 for SIA members, $99 for student members and $449 for non-members. Group packages are also available, which allow companies to save nearly $300 when purchasing packs of four tickets. Learn more about AcceleRISE and register to attend.
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,200 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through learning and development, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.