IntelligentSIA: New Member-Created Resources, Can’t-Miss Events and Courses, Networking Opportunities and More
Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and resources, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Archer, Asfalis Advisors, BadgePass, FaceFirst, FaceTec, Fiset Security Consulting, GRAPH Strategy, Hechtman Venture Development, Leonardo/ELSAG LPR Systems, LONG Building Technologies, Observation Without Limits, OneSystems Technologies, PropTech.AI, Security Cloud & Mobile Partners, Sentry Interactive, SystemHouse Solutions AB, Twenty20 Solutions and U.S. Bullet Proofing, Inc. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- Time is running out to register for the next SIAcademy LIVE! course, starting Feb. 21! In this virtual, instructor-led training, you’ll explore essential aspects of video surveillance systems as an integrated security solution, including video networking, cloud infrastructure and virtual architecture and device hardening, cybersecurity and data protection.; learn more and sign up here.
- There are only a few days left to submit an entry to the 2023 SIA New Products and Solutions (NPS) Awards! The SIA NPS Awards at ISC West recognize the industry’s leading products, services and solutions. Don’t miss your chance; submit your entry by Feb. 10!
- SIA and ASIS International have launched a new event to showcase women in security. LeadHER, taking place June 12-13 in Nashville, will bring together security professionals committed to advancing, connecting and empowering women in our industry. Additionally, the call for speaker proposals is open for Security LeadHER! Learn more and get involved here.
- New resource on employee termination strategies! This new peer-reviewed guidance developed by premise liability security expert Sean A. Ahrens provides resources and methodology to make your organization’s separation proceedings less likely to increase risks to employees, invitees or other personnel or assets. Access the guidance here.
- Acceleration in digital processes, products and services has created many innovative digital solutions, some good and some not so good. In this Center of Excellence article from Beehive Technology Solutions’ Patrick Simon, explore the challenges presented by combining deepfake technology with artificial intelligence, blockchain and more.
- On Feb. 8, the SIA National Capital Region Security Forum invites you to join us for a breakfast with the Smithsonian’s Kim Workman! Workman – a senior security specialist at the Smithsonian Institution – will discuss the unique challenges and opportunities in security historic properties without detracting from their aesthetics.
- New article on the Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC)! In this guest piece, Lars Suneborn of Identity Technology Partners discusses the TWIC, the process and purpose of the TWIC Self-Certification Qualified Technology List and its benefits to maritime operators, product specifiers and manufacturers.
- ISC West is coming to Las Vegas March 28-31! As the premier sponsor of ISC West, SIA invites you to join us at our top security industry networking and education events taking place during the show. Learn more about SIA’s events and sign up to attend here.
- The SIA Data Privacy Advisory Board has released guidance on the different types and uses of video surveillance data. Learn about key questions and considerations that can guide your organization when using video data for new purposes.
- Explore real estate trends impacting the security solutions market! The SIA Proptech Report evaluates proptech trends, market size and buying interests affiliated with security solutions in commercial real estate, including office environments and multifamily housing. Access the report here.