Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and offerings, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New SIA Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: APF Technologies, Concentric Security, Constant Technologies, Dataspeed Inc., Evolv Technology, Industry Alarm, Johnson Matthey, PureTech Systems and Rhombus Systems. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here's What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- On Nov. 9, SIA will host the Vertical Insights Symposium on Energy Sector Safety and Security. This can't-miss free virtual event will examine the physical security, cybersecurity and resiliency issues with which oil and gas firms and their partners must contend. Hear from experts at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, the Transportation Security Administration and more; learn more and register here.
- ISC East 2021 is coming up Nov. 17-18! Use SIA's free registration link to sign up and join us at the Northeast's leading security and public safety event and network, learn and discover the latest technologies. And don't miss the SIA Education@ISC East conference program for a robust lineup of keynote presentations and 15+ sessions from over 40 industry expert speakers on the latest business trends, technologies and developments. You can purchase a two-day conference pass for only $75 and unlock access to the full program; learn more and sign up here.
- Speaking of ISC East, we hope you'll join us for SIA's events and activities at the show.
- On Nov. 17 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., SIA will be offering its OSDP Boot Camp course. This essential in-depth training highlights how to design, configure and deploy modern, interoperable, SIA Open Supervised Device Protocol-compliant access control systems.
- On Nov. 17, wrap up the day with some networking, drinks and friendly competition at the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST) Cornhole Tournament! At this event hosted by FAST in conjunction with ISC East’s Crack the Tap reception, teams will mingle, compete for a $500 prize and support FAST’s efforts to connect talented and motivated individuals with opportunities in the field of security technology and life safety. Learn more and sign up here.
- On the evening of Nov. 17, join us for SIA Honors 2021, a gala cocktail reception celebrating performance, partnerships and people in security. At SIA Honors, we'll present the most respected awards in the security industry. Learn more and register here.
- On Nov. 18, close out your ISC East experience right by joining SIA’s Women in Security Forum (WISF) at our breakfast event, Speak Up: Public Speaking Techniques for Great Presentations! Join us to enjoy complimentary breakfast and get tips and insights on how to present like a pro.
- Congress recently passed the Secure Equipment Act, which would require the Federal Communications Commission to limit new authorizations for certain Chinese telecommunications and security equipment. In this analysis, SIA's Jake Parker breaks down what this legislation would mean for security companies.
- Nov. 15-30, WISF is calling upon our friends throughout the security industry and beyond to help overcome hunger in America. The CAN DO Challenge urges each of us to personally make a difference this holiday season by donating a "can" or "do" act like delivering or serving a meal. Learn more and sign up here.
- SIA invites members of the SIA RISE community for young security professionals and its student members to apply for the SIA RISE Scholarship! Awardees will receive $3,000 scholarships toward industry learning, student debt repayment and professional development. Applications are due Friday, Nov. 19; learn more and apply here.
- This fall, SIA is launching the first-ever industry training program designed to help security businesses take advantage of government funding opportunities. Being able to navigate the federal grants landscape is an opportunity for your company to provide added value to your customers, and SIA’s new Federal Grants Certificate Program will help you boost your knowledge and success. Learn more and register here.
- SIA WISF will host its next Wisdom Wednesdays virtual event on Nov. 10; these half-hour sessions feature leadership and inspiration for women, by women. RSVP to join us and hear insights from Guardian Zone's Sheryl Maas about cross-cultural lessons learned in foreign services.
- As part of its efforts to promote responsible connectivity during Cybersecurity Awareness Month, the SIA Cybersecurity Advisory Board released a series of articles sharing expert insights on better mitigating cyber threats. These articles included tips on risk and vulnerability management, Industrial Internet of Things and cybersecurity convergence, supply chain security and collaborating for the collective defense.
- SIA member TAMCO has released the Security Integrator's Playbook, available in the SIA Center of Excellence. This resource shares a comprehensive road map to help integrators make the pivot to a service sales model and build recurring monthly revenue streams.
- With the Dec. 8 deadline for federal contractors and many subcontractor employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 fast approaching, affected security industry suppliers are building and implementing compliance programs. SIA has released a video roundtable discussion available exclusively to SIA members featuring Diz Locaria, partner at Venable, LLP; Lynn de Séve, founder and president of GSA Schedules, Inc.; and Fabiola Francisco, director at Condortech Services Inc., to share key insights and address a host of questions and compliance considerations for security industry manufacturers and integrators. Check out the video here.
- Join us virtually Dec. 6-9 for the next Basics of Security Project Management (SPM) course! Learn how to define project scope and budget, employ the latest security technologies, manage vendor and subcontractor relationships and more in this essential training. Find more details and sign up here.