What is the Women in Security Forum?
The Security Industry Association's (SIA's) Women in Security Forum is a group for both women and men that offers programs, professional development opportunities and networking events with the goal of supporting the involvement of women in the security industry.
The mission of the forum is to engage all security professionals to promote, recruit and cultivate the leadership of women for a more inclusive and diversified industry.
The group's goals include:
- Advocating for advancement in the workplace through professional development and roundtable discussions
- Connecting women in the industry through networking events
- Developing recruiting efforts for next-generation female professionals and leaders
- Initiating ongoing dialogue between male and female leaders to enhance mutual understanding
- Identifying platforms that can provide visibility for women
- Spearheading an issue that will create opportunities for women to work together and be at the forefront of a major initiative
Why Should I Get Involved?
- Access opportunities like professional development and networking events
- Raise your visibility in the industry by participating in speaking engagements and leading initiaitves
- Learn from the forum's thought leadership pieces from female security luminaries
Key Efforts and Activities
The SIA Progress Award, launched in 2018 and sponsored by the Women in Security Forum, celebrates individuals who advance opportunities and pave the way to success for women in the security industry through volunteerism, professional development and efforts that foster a diverse workforce.
SIA's Women in Security Forum has introduced SECURE Perspectives, a column in partnership with Security Sales & Integration supporting the participation of women in the security profession. Each column profiles a successful woman in security, highlighting her background, perspectives on security trends and advice for women in the industry. Read this recent column featuring the Thales Group's Anne Wang.
SIA Technology Insights
As part of the Women in Security Forum, the fall 2018 issue of SIA Technology Insights featured entirely women-authored content. SIA Technology Insights is a journal highlighting original, vendor-neutral content from industry experts and distilling the most current thinking for applying today's security technologies. The issue was published in fall 2018; make sure you get all issues of SIA Technology Insights delivered to your inbox by subscribing today!
SIA is working with industry partners to develop exciting networking events for women in the security industry. Check out SIA's event calendar, and stay tuned for additional events to come.
Join the Women in Security Forum
Membership is open to SIA members in good standing (non-members are eligible for up to 90 days).