Save the Date: SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast @ ISC West
Friday, March 20
Sands Expo, Galileo Room 1001/1004
Close out your ISC West by joining SIA’s Women in Security Forum for free breakfast, networking and insights from special guest speaker Jaime Paris Boisvert, general manager for Siemens Smart Infrastructure.
What is the Women in Security Forum?
The Security Industry Association's (SIA's) Women in Security Forum is a group for both women and men that offers programs, professional development opportunities and networking events with the goal of supporting the involvement of women in the security industry.
The mission of the forum is to engage all security professionals to promote, recruit and cultivate the leadership of women for a more inclusive and diversified industry.
The group's goals include:
- Advocating for advancement in the workplace through professional development and roundtable discussions
- Connecting women in the industry through networking events
- Developing recruiting efforts for next-generation female professionals and leaders
- Initiating ongoing dialogue between male and female leaders to enhance mutual understanding
- Identifying platforms that can provide visibility for women
- Spearheading an issue that will create opportunities for women to work together and be at the forefront of a major initiative
Why Should I Get Involved?
- Access opportunities like professional development and networking events
- Raise your visibility in the industry by participating in speaking engagements and leading initiaitves
- Learn from the forum's thought leadership pieces from female security luminaries
Key Efforts and Activities
The SIA Progress Award, launched in 2018 and sponsored by the Women in Security Forum, celebrates individuals who advance opportunities and pave the way to success for women in the security industry through volunteerism, professional development and efforts that foster a diverse workforce.
SIA's Women in Security Forum has introduced SECURE Perspectives, a column in partnership with Security Sales & Integration supporting the participation of women in the security profession. Each column profiles a successful woman in security, highlighting her background, perspectives on security trends and advice for women in the industry. Read this recent column featuring Lisa Terry, vice president, vertical markets – healthcare at Allied Universal.
Security Systems News Women in Security Issue
In December 2019, SIA's Women in Security Forum partnered with Security Systems News on the publication's 11th annual Women in Security issue, which celebrated 14 women leaders across many facets of the industry. Learn more and explore the issue.
Women in Biometrics Awards
The SIA Women in Security Forum is a sponsor of the annual Women in Biometrics Awards, co-founded by SIA and SecureIDNews. This program recognizes distinguished female leaders in the biometric identity and security industry for their contributions; winners are recognized each year at SIA GovSummit.
SIA is working with industry partners to develop exciting networking and professional growth events for women in the security industry. Check out SIA's event calendar, and stay tuned for additional events to come.
Join the Women in Security Forum
Membership is open to SIA members in good standing (non-members are eligible for up to 90 days).