The Cybersecurity Advisory Board (CAB) is a group of industry cybersecurity experts whose mission is to guide SIA members ahead of potential cybersecurity issues related to electronic physical security measures. The board provides prescriptive guidance and advocacy for new and existing cybersecurity strategies and solutions. This leadership enables SIA to prepare its members for challenges related to wider adoption of the Internet of Things and the use of secure networked devices for security.
SIA Cybersecurity Advisory Board Seeking Volunteers
The SIA CAB is a collection of representatives from SIA member organizations and partners that are involved in activities geared toward improving the cyber-resiliency of the physical security industry.
The board advises SIA’s Board of Directors, staff and membership on cybersecurity initiatives that have the potential to improve the cybersecurity posture of the industry, including but not limited to creating and curating content in the form of papers, webinars and research; advising education committees on cybersecurity education; providing comment and analysis on cybersecurity-related legislation or standards; and liaising with other associations and organizations on cybersecurity efforts.
The Cybersecurity Advisory Board is looking for:
- Company leaders who are setting technology strategy
- Product management leaders
- Integration project management leaders
- Security system designers
- Cybersecurity legal/policy experts
- Cybersecurity consultants
- Cybersecurity researchers with physical security portfolios
SIA envisions the plenary committee will meet via web conference for one hour per quarter, with most initiatives developed virtually by ad-hoc working groups.
Joe Gittens and Cameron Walker-Miller serve as SIA staff liaisons and ensure a balance of experience, talents and interests on the Cybersecurity Advisory Board. Interested individuals can contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cameron at email@example.com.
- Publication of Beginner’s Guide to Product and System Hardening , An Information Security Overview, the Cyber Onboarding Guide for Employees and Recommendations for Initiating an Enterprise Security Strategy
- Providing content direction and input for Cyber:Secured Forum
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on a SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.