The Cybersecurity Advisory Board is a board-appointed group of industry cybersecurity experts whose mission is to guide SIA members ahead of potential cybersecurity issues related to electronic physical security measures. The board provides prescriptive guidance and advocacy for new and existing cybersecurity strategies and solutions. This leadership enables SIA to prepare its members for challenges related to wider adoption of the Internet of Things and the use of secure networked devices for security.
The SIA Cybersecurity Advisory Board is a collection of representatives from SIA member organizations and partners that are involved in activities geared toward improving the cyber-resiliency of the physical security industry. The group advises SIA’s Board of Directors, staff and membership on cybersecurity initiatives that have the potential to improve the cybersecurity posture of the industry, including but not limited to creating and curating content in the form of papers, webinars and research; advising education committees on cybersecurity education; providing comment and analysis on cybersecurity-related legislation or standards; and liaising with other associations and organizations on cybersecurity efforts.
SIA Cybersecurity Advisory Board Members
The Cybersecurity Advisory Board is comprised of the following individuals:
- John Deskurakis (Chair), Carrier
- Antoinette King (Vice Chair), Credo Cyber Consulting
- Josh Chin, Net Force
- Chuck Davis, Caveat Labs
- Wayne Dorris, Axis Communications
- Kasia Hanson, Intel
- John Gallagher, Viakoo Inc.
- Will Knehr, i-Pro
- Min Kyriannis, Amyna Systems Inc.
- Rachelle Loyear, Allied Universal
- Pauline Norstrom, Anekanta Consulting
- Bruce Webbe, Meta
- Patrick J. Simon (Utilities Advisory Board Liaison), Beehive Technology Solutions LLC
- Summary Findings, Session Notes and Perspectives from Cyber:Secured Forum
- Published the Beginner’s Guide to Product and System Hardening, Information Security Overview, Cyber Onboarding Guide for Employees and Recommendations for Initiating an Enterprise Security Strategy
- Develops regular virtual events and webinars on cybersecurity topics
- Hosted the SIA Cybersecurity Town Hall at Securing New Ground 2021 and hosted a stop on the 2023 ISC West Pub Crawl
- Shared a series of tips, blog posts, videos and more in conjunction with Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on a SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.