SIA Technology Insights – Spring 2023
SIA Technology Insights is a journal produced semiannually by the Security Industry Association (SIA) that distills the most current thinking for applying today’s security technologies. In each issue of SIA Technology Insights, SIA looks to the cutting edge of security technology, sharing insights from top experts in the field and helping readers stay current in an environment of constant change.
This edition of SIA Technology Insights features articles from experts on topics ranging from the future of risk management to leveraging facial recognition for access control and using crowdsourcing to secure events. This publication will help security professionals better understand their technology options.
SIA thanks Wesco for supporting SIA Technology Insights.
You can find this edition and past issues online at securityindustry.org/techinsights. We welcome your feedback on these articles and encourage you to propose your content for future issues and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In This Issue:
- Digital Twins and the Future of Physical Security and Risk Management
- Facial Recognition for Access Control: Efficient, Convenient and Accurate
- Using Crowdsourcing to Secure Events
- Visualization and Delivering Data to Enhance Situational Awareness
- How External Illumination Benefits License Plate Recognition
- How AI Solutions Make Parking Lots Smarter and More Secure
- Using AI Technology to Mitigate Risk and Enhance Productivity
- How FICAM Revisions Enable New Security Solutions in the Government Sector
- How Thermal Cameras Can Boost the Return on Security Investment