Innovative Security Design takes top prize Contact:
The Lynx from Innovative Security Design took the top honor at the Security Industry Associations 2013 New Product Showcase (NPS), winning the coveted Best New Product Award at ISC West on Wednesday.
Lynx is described as the world’s first edge computing platform for video surveillance to run Microsoft Embedded Windows. It is not only a camera but also a computing platform that fully integrates the Microsoft technology stack. Lynx delivers the complete package including HD megapixel multi-streaming 1080P30 broadcast quality video encased in a fully integrated IP66 dome enclosure.
3M Cogent took the Judges Choice Award for their MiY-Touch indoor biometric touch screen. The MiY-Touch indoor biometric touch-screen access control reader is compact, fast, and one of the lightest readers in its class.
Each year, the companies competing in SIAs New Product Showcase at ISC West present the leading-edge security solutions that are shaping the industry said SIA CEO, Don Erickson. These new technologies and solutions are the drivers that are moving the security industry forward, and I congratulate Innovative Security Design and 3M Cogent on their wins at this years NPS.
In addition to the Best New Product and Judges Choice honors, awards were presented in 21 product and service categories. NPS judges also presented seven honorable mention awards.
- Best New Product: Innovative Security Design, Lynx netSeries miniBall
- Judges Choice: 3M Cogent, MiY-Touch
- Access Control Hardware & Software: DAQ Electronics, Entro-Watch
- Honorable Mention: HID Global, iCLASS Seos Credential
- Access Control Products Wireless: MEDECO, M100
- Biometrics, Identification and Credentialing: SRI International Sarnoff, IOM PassThru
- Commercial and Monitoring Solutions: Louroe Electronics, IF-PX
- Honorable Mention: Vigilant Robots, Vigilus Mobile Camera Platform
- Convergence and Integrated Software and Solutions: Stanley Security Solutions Inc Pacom Systems, 8002 Pacom-Edge Controller
- Honorable Mention: Elerts Corp., ELERTS EPICEmergency Notification Systems: Firelite Alarms, Emergency Command Center ECC
- Entry/Exit Screening Systems and Asset Tracking: Stanley Security Solutions Inc, AeroScout MobileView Locator for iPad
- Fire/Life Safety: System Sensor, i4 Series Combination CO/Smoke Detector System
- Green Solutions: RBH Access Technologies, High Density 32-Door PoE Fault Tolerant Controller
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions: Bosch Security Systems Inc., B Series Control Panels
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Solutions Wireless: Honeywell International, LYNX Touch 5100
- Honorable Mention: Inovonics Corp., Area Control Gateway
- Locks/Safes/Hardware: ASSA ABLOY Americas, Securitron M380 Series Magnalock
- Network Support Solutions: Quest Technology International, LocJack
- Outdoor Perimeter Protection: TOTUS Solutions, Outdoor LED Secured Wireless Surveillance Platform
- Residential and Monitoring Solutions: ipDatatel, Inc., IPD BAT CU
- Honorable Mention: Qolsys, 7 IQ Panel
- Tools and Hardware: Byte Brothers Inc., Low Voltage Pro Whole Job Tester
- Video Analytics: BriefCam, Inc., VS Enterprise V2.4
- Video Storage, Distribution, and Management: NUUO Inc., NVRsolo
- Video Surveillance Advanced Imaging Technologies: Axton, Inc., True Hybrid IR & White Light Illuminator
- Honorable Mention: Samsung Techwin America, SCP-2370RH
- Video Surveillance Cameras HD (Megapixel): Innovative Security Design, Lynx netSeries miniBall
- Honorable Mention: StarDot Technologies, Multi-Channel Long Distance Coaxial (MCLDC)
- Video Surveillance Hardware and Accessories: Nuoptic, True Hybrid Varifocal Illumination System
Since its inception in 1979, the NPS has been the security industry’s premier awards-based marketing program. These years NPS program had 84 entries from 66 companies.
About the Security Industry Association (SIA)
The Security Industry Association (SIA) (www.securityindustry.org) is the leading trade group for businesses in the electronic and physical security market. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation on Capitol Hill and throughout the 50 states; producing cutting-edge global market research; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and providing sole sponsorship of the ISC Expos, the world’s largest security trade shows and conferences.