Razberi Technologies is now bringing its advanced solutions to the marketplace as a new member of the Security Industry Association (SIA)!
Razberi Technologies Inc., Farmers Branch, Texas, develops and manufactures intelligent surveillance appliances that provide a better option to general-purpose servers, switches, storage and power for IP video surveillance, per the company. SIA Update exchanged email with Tom Galvin, CEO, Razberi Technologies, to learn more. Visit the Razberi Technologies website at www.razberi.net.
1. How did you get into the security industry?
I joined Loronix (now Verint) in 2001 as the Vice President of Product Development. Prior to Loronix, I had been working in the telecom industry (MCI/Verizon) and there were a lot of technical parallels between voice over IP and IP video.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role?
I enjoy bringing new products to market that have a significant impact to protection of people and assets.
3. What’s your company’s biggest challenge right now?
I think education continues to be a challenge for us. I have always been on the forefront of new product development of network-based systems and find that it’s always critical to properly educate the channel on both the benefits and installation of IP-based products. The industry has now significantly evolved from analog to IP systems, and now we must educate both integrators and end users on proper cybersecurity techniques.
4. What trends does your company foresee for the security industry in the next year?
The industry must do a better job to protect end users from cyberthreats as we continue to deploy networked (IoT) devices, such as cameras and badge readers.
5. What does your organization receive from membership in SIA? How do you plan to be active in the association in the near future?
We look forward to participating in SIA events and the collaboration with other members that are shaping the evolution of the security industry.
6. Will your company participate in an upcoming event with SIA such as ISC West, New Product Showcase or Government Summit? If so, what aspect of the event appeals most to your company?
Absolutely! We expect to participate in most of the SIA-sponsored events such as ISC West and SIA New Product Showcase.
The views and opinions expressed in guest posts and/or profiles are those of the authors or sources and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Security Industry Association (SIA).