The Security Industry Association is proud of the many accomplishments it has achieved for its membership over the years. Yet, we have been less effective in communicating these achievements, as well as its member benefits, in a clear and simple manner. To dramatically improve SIA’s communication with its membership, at all levels, required a complete rework of our web presence, which the SIA Board authorized earlier this year.
I am excited to introduce the new face of SIA — professionally designed to provide content and resources in a user-friendly manner to our members and the industry at large. With new search functionality and navigation, our most-used member benefit will now provide an engaging platform for information and communication, including:
- Knowledge Center – SIA content, much of it written by SIA members, organized by product categories and by vertical market categories, and designed to educate and inform the industry as well as end user practitioners. We also want you, our members, to contribute to the Knowledge Center by authoring independent, vendor-neutral information that helps users apply security solutions more effectively. This is all part of SIA vision of growing its impact as a resource for the industry.
- Advocacy section – no longer a separate website, now a robust part of SIA website, with information on SIA’s position statement related to important topics for our members. Plus a new tool for members to get involved and do grassroots outreach, and a tool that allows members to track legislation state by state. Plus information on SIA’s Security PAC.
- SIA360 – This is the discussion community for SIA members. We piloted this community discussion platform with the OSDP committee, and now are expanding it to the RISE group of young security professionals, and are opening it up to all SIA members with our new “Members’ Circle” discussion community. It’s all about engaging directly with your fellow members.
- Member Resources – Looking for publications, documents, blogs, press releases, archived webinars and more? Turn to the Member Resources section of the site to find the resources you need.
- Professional Development section – Part of what the association does is help our members grow personally, and this combined section of the new website has information and resources related to professional development, education and certification – ranging from our SIA Education @ ISC West to earning the CSPM credential, to our RISE scholarship offering and our involvement with Mercer County Community College.
Many thanks to the outstanding contribution of the SIA staff in making this new communications vehicle a reality!!
Give Us Feedback!
We’re always looking to improve the experience we provide, and we look forward to your feedback on the new SIA website. Email the SIA web team at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your feedback.