SIA’s public policy and government security technology conference will take place May 16-17 in Washington, D.C.
SILVER SPRING, Md. – The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced details for the 2023 SIA GovSummit, SIA’s annual public policy and government security technology conference. SIA GovSummit 2023 will be held May 16-17 at the National Housing Center in Washington, D.C.
Each year, SIA GovSummit brings together government security leaders with private industry technologists for top-quality information sharing and education on security topics affecting federal, state and local agencies. The 2023 GovSummit program includes specialized sessions on essential topics in contracting, procurement, infrastructure and facility protection; highlights how security product standards help meet government needs; and explores the latest policies, practices and trends impacting security. Discussion topics include:
- Enhancing Physical Security for Government Facilities: Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and More
- Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) and Federal Digital Identity Standards Adoption: Implications for Federal Physical Access Control Systems
- Navigating the Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and Counter-UAS to Protect Government Assets and High-Profile Events
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation and U.S. Department of Homeland Security Self-Assessment Tools
- Creating a Compelling Business Case for Infrastructure Security, School Security and Cybersecurity Funding
“For this year’s GovSummit, SIA is excited to present an informative, engaging lineup of expert-led sessions on the issues that matter most in government, security and technology,” said Jake Parker, senior director of government relations at SIA. “This premier conference gathers government and industry professionals together in one room to network, exchange information and explore critical topics in converged security, government procurement needs and how emerging technologies are being used to secure government facilities, public spaces, critical infrastructure and more.”
Each year at GovSummit, hundreds of public- and private-sector professionals gather to examine emerging policy trends, technology needs of the government and changes in the risk environment that shape development of products and advanced systems integration to meet evolving security challenges. Attendees include federal agency employees, military and law enforcement personnel, state and local government officials and employees, government affairs staff and congressional staff.
In addition to the two-day conference program, SIA attendees will enjoy evening receptions on both days of GovSummit. On May 16, SIA will host an evening leadership awards ceremony, including the presentation of the SIA Women in Biometrics Awards, and at the end of day on May 17, attendees will be invited to join the SIA National Capital Region Security Forum for a lively evening networking reception for security industry professionals.
Speakers for the 2023 SIA GovSummit include:
- Neal Duckworth, physical security advisor, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Scott Dunford, senior security specialist, Interagency Security Committee, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- John Eskandary, physical security specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency, DHS
- Hildegard Ferraiolo, computer scientist, PIV program team, National Institute of Standards and Technology (Invited)
- Shawn Fiebiger, deputy compliance program manager, Interagency Security Committee, CISA, DHS
- Austin Gould, assistant administrator, operations support, Transportation Security Administration, DHS (Invited)
- Mike Harman, assistant director for security, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Daryle Hernandez, chief, Interagency Security Committee, CISA, DHS
- David Hess, assistant director, policy, communications and engagement, Federal Protective Service, DHS
- Don Hough, deputy associate director for school safety, School Safety Task Force, CISA, DHS
- Nnamdi Martyn, E-PACS program manager, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, DHS
This event is free for all government employees, including U.S. and international federal, state, county and municipal-level staff, plus all military, law enforcement and public safety personnel. SIA GovSummit is considered a “widely attended gathering” and complies with all relevant event guidelines. Industry access starts at $295 for early bird registrants, and early bird pricing ends March 17; learn more and register to attend here.
SIA GovSummit 2023 is sponsored by ADI; Aiphone; Buffalo Armory; dormakaba; GSA Schedules, Inc.; Hanwha Vision; HID Global; IDEMIA; IDENTIV; ISC Security Events; LenelS2; Louroe Electronics; Milestone; National Safety Shelters; Panasonic i-PRO Sensing Solutions Corporation of America; ReconaSense; and Wesco and supported by media partners Campus Safety, FindBiometrics; Mobile ID World and Security Sales & Integration. Information about sponsoring GovSummit can be found here.
About the Security Industry Association
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,300 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through education and training, opening global market opportunities, and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.