Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and resources, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Alscan, Bluum, Cellgate, Chenega Sentinel 360, CloudCollect, Cozen O’Connor, D E A Security Systems, Elite Interactive Solutions, Engineering Plus, Fracktional Solutions, Gavin de Becker and Associates, Habtech, Idesco Oy, Keystone Security Services, Let’s Think Wireless, LMN Software Corp, Miller Electric Company, MoboHubb, MPS Technical Solutions, Rebel Global Security, Stryker, Systems Integrations, Vipond, Vivotek and Wells Fargo. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- Invest in your skills and grow with SIA’s courses and credentials! At ISC East (Nov. 14-16 in NYC), we’re offering two premier courses – OSDP Boot Camp and the CSPM Review Course – that will help you gain in-demand skills and knowledge and propel your career.
- Speaking of ISC East, SIA and ISC have revealed the extensive conference lineup for SIA Eduction@ISC East, which shares expert insights on cutting-edge topics like big data, artificial intelligence (AI), proptech security and more. In SIA’s latest blogs, get sneak peeks of three top sessions you won’t want to miss, along with five key offerings on cybersecurity topics.
- SIA has partnered with leading organizations the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST), the Electronic Security Association, PSA Security Network (PSA) and Security Sales & Integration to launch the 2023 Security Industry Compensation Study, the security industry’s largest widely partnered study on salary and compensation. Security industry companies are encouraged to participate, and responses are due Nov. 17; learn more and sign up here.
- SIA has created a series of new and updated government relations and advocacy guides for SIA members, including the new Guide to U.S. Biometric Privacy Laws and the 2023 editions of the Federal Grants Guide and Guide to Cannabis Security Requirements. Learn more here.
- SIA is pleased to welcome Kenia Caballero as its new industry affairs manager! As a member of SIA’s global team and based in Mexico City, Mexico, Caballero will grow the association’s presence in the region and lead development of Expo Seguridad México programs. Learn more here.
- The SIA Women in Security Forum (WISF) has kicked off the 2023 CAN DO Challenge, a 6-week charitable initiative taking place Oct. 17 – Nov. 28 to encourage professionals and companies across the security industry to combat food insecurity during the holiday season. Industry professionals are encouraged to participate by donating at ISC East and giving online following the show; learn more and get involved here.
- In case you missed it, SIA has unveiled SIAcademy, a new learning management system for SIA members. Through the new SIAcademy system, you can access a living library of helpful training and professional development content on demand from their devices. Access the course catalog here.
- Thanks to the first 10 volunteers who have helped us to kick off the SIA WISF AmbassadHER program! WISF AmbassadHERs will lead connecting with current and potential members in their regions, develop strategies and programs to increase member engagement and more. Meet the AmbassadHERs here.
- Going to ISC East? Don’t miss SIA’s series of premier events at the show, including the Cannabis Security Breakfast, the FAST Security Technician of the Year Award Ceremony, the FAST Cornhole Tournament, SIA Honors Night and the WISF Keynote Series Breakfast. Learn more and register here.
- NDAA Section 889 update! The latest blog from SIA’s Jake Parker shares helpful new information clarifying recent reports about the authorized use of government grant funds to replace equipment covered by Section 889 and potential use of federal grant funds for this purpose.
- Following President Biden’s new executive order on AI, SIA’s Ron Hawkins and Jake Parker have authored a blog discussing what the order means for security companies and industry engagement on AI policy in Washington, D.C., and Brussels, Belgium.
- SIA has announced the 2023 recipients of the George R. Lippert Memorial Award, SIA Progress Award and Insightful Practitioner Award. Honorees Dan Moceri, Martha Entwistle and Brian Harrell will be recognized for their leadership and contributions to SIA and the industry at SIA Honors Night 2023.
- Stay connected, engaged and informed with the new mySIA app! Make the most of your membership and download it today for iOS or Android.
- Congratulations to the 2023 recipients of the SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship! Through this special WISF program, 10 security industry and students will receive scholarships to be used toward continuing education, repayment of student loan debt and professional development.
- D.C.-area security professionals: You’re invited to join the SIA National Capital Region Security Forum for a free industry networking event on Nov. 16! Meet and connect with fellow security professionals over complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres at this event generously sponsored by ZeroEyes and taking place in Arlington, Virginia. RSVP here.