In SIA's Guide to Federal Grants, Updated in 2023, access key information on federal grants that can be used for funding of security projects.Each year, the federal government makes investments in critical capabilities to meet security requirements, which the security industry strives to provide. Of course, security companies can compete and win contracts or complete sales through the federal supply schedules for security products. But they also can benefit through federal grants, often awarded to states or municipalities that then spend that money on security requirements.
Currently, there are 26 grant-making agencies within the U.S. federal government. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and specifically the Federal Emergency Management Agency, are among the largest and provide grants that often include requirements for products and services provided by the security industry. Many of these initiatives resulted from recommendations by the 9 /11 Commission that were authorized by subsequent legislation. The Security Industry Association (SIA) continues to engage Congress in support of these key programs.
Log in to access this guide to key federal grant programs and related resources for members and their customers. While this resource is not exhaustive, it provides key information like funding amounts, weblinks, key details on application and more on top federal funding programs that support the effective implementation of security solutions, including these programs that offer security grants:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Preparedness Grant Programs
- Port Security Program
- Transit Security Grant Program
- Intercity Passenger Rail Security Grant Program – Amtrak
- Intercity Bus Security Grant Program
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program
- Emergency Management Performance Grants Program
- Assistance to Firefighters Grants
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Federal Transit Administration
- Federal Aviation Administration
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program
- Body-Worn Camera Program
- STOP School Violence Act Programs
- Technology Modernization Fund
- Multi-Cloud Security Operations Center
- Identity Credential Access Management Modernization for FHA Connection
- Veteran Identity Modernization
- Southwest Border Technology Integration Program
- Zero Trust Networking
- Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Capital Fund Emergency Safety and Security Grants
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.