The Security Industry Association (SIA) is pleased to introduce the SIA Guide to Cannabis Security Requirements for SIA members, their clients and our organizational partners in response to the need for more centralized information regarding the state-by-state requirements in the cannabis industry where applicable.
In this informative guide, explore:
- Recent federal laws, regulations and legislative actions regarding allowed use and production of cannabis
- An overview of state laws regarding cannabis, including which states have legalized and/or decriminalized marijuana for medicinal and/or recreational purposes and a detailed table marking the legal status of cannabis in each state
- A summary of the three common security requirements included in the comprehensive security regulations for states that have legalized and legislated marijuana or cannabis products
- Summaries of state-specific mandatory security requirements for marijuana establishments in Alaska, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington, across areas including video surveillance, access control, alarm systems and security personnel
- Additional resources and relevant links for further information
Free for SIA members! If you are a SIA member, log in to your mySIA account to obtain free access to this valuable resource. (Not sure if your company is a member? Access the SIA Member Directory here.)
Not a SIA member? You can purchase the SIA Guide to Cannabis Security Requirements for $349 or become a member of SIA to unlock this and countless other benefits for your organization, including research and publications, training and education offerings, events and networking opportunities, advocacy, professional development and more. SIA membership starts at just $250 for associate members and $600 for regular members, which includes security manufacturers, integrators and others. Explore membership benefits, options and more.