Security Industry Events Calendar
UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS
The SIA security industry events calendar is a guide to SIA official events and major industry events, as well as events where SIA has a presence or a partnership.
Webinar: Facilities Management: Reopening Concerns For COVID-19 Recovery
May 28 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
With planning beginning for returning to work and reopening facilities, consideration must be given as to what physical security measures are necessary and beneficial to protect the health and safety of employees, visitors, and others who may soon be granted access on-premises. Once business operations resume, the road to recovery will involve a series of overlapping policies, procedures, and technology solutions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In this webinar, presented jointly by ASIS International and Security Industry Association (SIA), panelists will discuss a risk-based approach to infectious disease response planning and propose a series of enhanced physical security measures that can assist organizations in protecting key areas of their facilities. This presentation will also explore potential legal implications for employers and facility owners/operators within a continuously shifting threat landscape.
- Understand infectious disease response planning and how current facility security measures and technologies may have to adapt to COVID-19.
- Learn how the facilities themselves may be altered and renovated to support infectious disease risks.
- Discuss what current and new technologies are available to support infectious disease hardening.
- Review proper protocols for policy development, documentation, and record-keeping.
- Discuss key considerations in risk-based decision making.
Review legal and regulatory statues that may potentially impact facility operations during the COVID-19 recovery phase.