The design of electronic security systems, features and tiered pricing based on end-user vertical industries has become the preferred method of systems integrators' need to present alternatives. There is an industry shift from original equipment manufacturer product profit to contractor solution profit, improving the end user's security program value. Using a Good-Better-Best (G-B-B) method of presenting alternatives gives systems integrators the opportunity to perform three tasks:
- Document an end user's basic compliance requirements
- Offer a "Better" alternative with improved sensors and integrated systems to enhance the operation
- Leverage advanced technology approaches like artificial intelligence to automate repetitive security tasks and more accurately identify a face, vehicle plate and make/model of vehicle
- G-B-B pricing design and strategies
- Good, better and best system designs and solutions
- Using a service value tool to help end users consider the wide range of products and services offered and identify differentiation, benefits and services well matched to the integrator's capability
This content is for SIA members only.
If you are not a SIA member, click here to join the SIA.