May 6, 2020
This webinar aims to educate interested members seeking to expand global operations into Israel by providing an overview of the U.S. Israel Binational Industrial Research & Development Homeland Security (BIRD HLS) grant program.
BIRD HLS is a joint initiative funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Israeli Ministry of Public Security for the purpose of identifying the U.S. and Israeli security companies seeking to cooperate on R&D projects focused on security solutions. The program includes a wide range of homeland security topics including but not limited to the following areas for potential funding:
- Advanced first responder technologies
- Border protection, including maritime security
- Law enforcement-supporting technologies to combat cybercrime
- Technologies and methods to secure critical infrastructure and public facilities
- Safe and secure cities
- Unmanned aerial systems
Hear from decisionmakers and grant recipients who will provide an overview of BIRD HLS, funding amounts and eligibility criteria for consideration.
- Joe Hoellerer, senior manager of government relations, SIA (moderator)
- Andrea Yonah, director of business development, BIRD Foundation
- Megan Mahle, director of industry partnerships, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Science & Technology Directorate
- Steve Lindsey, chief technology officer/chief information officer, LiveView Technologies; BIRD HLS grant recipient