Security Industry Association Welcomes New Chair and Announces Executive Committee, Board Members and Committee Leadership
James Rothstein assumed the leadership role of new SIA chair and announced the 2022 board, executive committee and new SIA committee leaders during The Advance, SIA’s annual membership meeting at ISC West.
LAS VEGAS – The Security Industry Association (SIA) welcomed a new chair, presented five new and four returning members to the SIA Board of Directors and announced several new committee leaders at The Advance, SIA’s annual membership gathering, held March 22 during ISC West.
James Rothstein, operating partner at Lee Equity, assumes the position as SIA’s chair of the board. Rothstein – who has nearly 35 years of experience in the security industry – joined Lee Equity, a New York-based private equity firm, in 2021. He previously served as senior vice president of global security solutions for Anixter, where he held P&L responsibilities for the firm’s $2 billion global security and fire business. Rothstein’s other past roles include serving as senior executive and principal for Tri-Ed Distribution and vice president of marketing for Fatwire Software and nearly a decade at Honeywell’s ADI division, where he served as vice president of marketing and general manager of intrusion and access control products. Rothstein holds a B.S. in economics from Colgate University.
“I am thrilled to assume the role of SIA Board of Directors chair and thank SIA for welcoming me to and entrusting me with this responsibility,” said Rothstein.“ We congratulate the SIA Board of Directors’ new and returning members, the SIA Executive Committee and our new SIA committee and advisory board leaders. These impressive security industry luminaries are poised to guide both the association and the industry forward.”
During The Advance, SIA also announced by approval of the SIA membership the addition of five new voting members to the SIA Board of Directors to serve terms for 2022 to 2024:
- Holly Borgmann, vice president of government affairs, ADT
- Hamish Dobson, vice president, product management, video security and access control, Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Alex Housten, president, dormakaba Americas
- Ryan Kaltenbaugh, senior vice president, sales – North America, LenelS2, a Carrier Company
- Teresa Wu, vice president, innovation and client engagement, IDEMIA
The SIA Executive Committee for 2022 includes:
- Chair: James Rothstein, operating partner, Lee Equity
- Treasurer: John E. Mack III, executive vice president, co-head of investment banking and head of mergers and acquisitions, Imperial Capital
- Secretary: Scott Dunn, senior director of business development, solutions and services, Axis Communications
- Officer at Large: Kim Loy, chief product officer, ACRE
- Immediate Past Chair: Pierre Trapanese, CEO, Northland Controls
Additionally, four existing SIA board members – Jonathan Aguila, global director of systems and technology at Facebook; Stacy Deveraux, president, Electromechanical Solutions Group, ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions; Mike Mathes, executive vice president at Convergint Technologies; and Tim Palmquist, vice president, Americas at Milestone Systems – renewed their involvement in the SIA Board of Directors for an additional term.
The SIA Board of Directors is comprised of industry professionals representing a broad spectrum of interests in the security industry. The full list of current board members can be found here.
SIA also announced the appointment of several new leaders on its committees and advisory boards:
Data Privacy Advisory Board
- Chair: Teresa Wu, vice president of innovation and client engagement, IDEMIA
- Chair Emeritus: Kathleen Carroll, founder and managing partner, Seven Seas Strategic Communications
Executive Advisory Board
- Vice Chair: Tom Cook, executive vice president of sales and operations, North America, Hanwha Techwin America (Cook will become chair of the SIA Executive Advisory Board in mid-2022.)
Government Relations Committee
- Chair: Gene Fullano, senior director of government affairs, Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Vice Chair: Holly Borgmann, vice president of government affairs, ADT
Membership Engagement and Experience Committee
- Chair: Ryan Kaltenbaugh, vice president, LenelS2
Proptech Advisory Board
- Chair: Lee Odess, general manager, Latch
Securing New Ground Conference Board
- Chair: Ron Virden, senior vice president, entrance systems and interior glass, dormakaba Americas
- SIA Representative: Akash Sah, chief procurement officer, Brinks Home Security
Utilities Advisory Board
- Chair: Joey St. Jacques, director of business development, ACRE Operating Group
The Advance 2022 was held March 22 during ISC West. At this special membership meeting, in addition to announcing the new leadership, SIA reviewed official association business, shared market intelligence for the year ahead and presented its annual membership awards – the SIA Member of the Year Award, Chair’s Award, Sandy Jones Volunteer of the Year Award and Committee Chair of the Year Award. Attendees also enjoyed a presentation from special guest speaker Matt Barnette, CEO of PSA Security Network. Later that evening, SIA honored the recipients of the 2022 Jay Hauhn Excellence in Partnerships Award at its Market Leaders Reception.
SIA is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,200 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels, creating open industry standards that enable integration, advancing industry professionalism through learning and development, opening global market opportunities and collaborating with other like-minded organizations. As the premier sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA GovSummit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.