Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and resources, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: ARX Perimeters, ASR Enterprises, Bastille, Hochiki America Corp., Identity One LLC, Metrasens, Red Bison Technology Group, TechnoGen Cyber Security LLC, Theseus Professional Services LLC and Total Security Solutions. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- Time is running out to register for the 2022 SIA GovSummit, coming May 24-25 in Washington, D.C.! This annual conference brings together government security leaders and industry technologists for top-quality information sharing, education and networking. You’ll get insights from experts at DHS, GSA, the Architect of the Capitol, the SEC, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and more. Register here!
- PSA TEC 2022 is coming up later this month, and SIA is proud to be a partner of this education and networking event for professional systems integrators. SIA is offering three courses virtually during PSA TEC: the Security Project Management seminar, the Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification (SICC) Review Course and the SIA OSDP Boot Camp.
- In the D.C. area? Join us for in-person networking on Thursday, May 19! The next SIA National Capital Region Security Forum event, held at the Axis Experience Center and graciously sponsored by ReconaSense, will be a great opportunity to meet with your colleagues, get caught up on what’s going on in the industry and enjoy a beverage and/or bite to eat. Learn more and RSVP here.
- The next SIAcademy LIVE! course is starting May 31! In this live instructor-led virtual learning offering, get essential training to strengthen your technical proficiency and learn full considerations related to implementing access control systems. Learn more and register here.
- SIA has opened the call for proposals for the SIA Education@ISC conference programs at ISC East 2022 and ISC West 2023. If you or a colleague are interested in presenting best practices, lessons learned, case studies or other ideas that would benefit ISC East or West attendees, send in your proposal today! Learn more here.
- SIA has revealed the program for the next Vertical Insights Symposium, exploring the unique security challenges of the cannabis sector. On June 7, join us virtually to learn from security industry leaders, practitioners and other stakeholders about financing the deployment of security systems, navigating variations in legal status and security regulations across the country and more. Learn more and RSVP here.
- SIA recently announced the Proptech Advisory Board, and proptech is a white-hot topic in the security industry. But what exactly is it? In this blog, SIA Proptech Advisory Board Chair Lee Odess breaks down what proptech means, how it touches security and how you can get involved with SIA’s proptech efforts.
- SIA has announced the first members of its Utilities Advisory Board Steering Committee. SIA created the Utilities Advisory Board to offer insight and education to security practitioners, members of the security industry and other stakeholders about emerging security trends, regulatory compliance issues, and recommended practices for protecting utility infrastructure. Learn more and meet the advisory board here.
- The Financial Services Innovation Coalition, with support from SIA, has released a new resource, The Future of Facial Recognition & Its Impact on Minorities. This publication explores what policy makers and stakeholders should consider when it comes to facial recognition technology, race, diversity and inclusion.
- Not only can SIA’s Open Supervised Device Protocol standard help security teams futureproof their facilities, but security professionals can also expect additional cost savings when implementing OSDP-compliant devices for their access control systems. Learn more in this Security magazine piece!
- SIA’s Grants Training Course, a new self-paced, on-demand e-learning offering, is a tool that helps security integrators and manufacturers advise security teams protecting schools, transit systems, ports, airports, places of worship and government facilities about the availability and use of grant funds. Learn how to leverage grants for success by accessing the course here.
- One way to maximize your membership with SIA is through thought leadership. Position yourself and your company as experts in the security industry by contributing to SIA’s publications and content offerings! Learn more in this blog.