AcceleRISE: Call for Speaking Proposals
Do you have an idea for a conference that would be appropriate for educating young security professionals? If so, the Security Industry Association (SIA) invites you to submit your proposal for our NEW event, AcceleRISE.
AcceleRISE, hosted by SIA’s RISE community for young professionals and those new to the industry, will present blended learning sessions featuring a mix of keynotes, panel sessions, team building exercises, peer networking and workshops. This is a ground-breaking event; don't miss the chance to participate in this unique learning opportunity!
2019 Proposal Deadline: Thursday, MARCH 7
If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please email Bryan Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Proposals must include the following information:
- Topic description (up to 200 words)
- Speaker(s) (name, title, organization)
- Dateand name of the event or conference where the session was previously presented, if applicable
The AcceleRISE program includes these key topics; priority will be given to proposals that address one or more of the following:
- Introduction to the Security Industry Ecosystem
- Managing Up
- Risk Taking
- Finance for the Non-Finance Manager
- Having Difficult Conversations or Addressing Conflict in the Workplace
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Project Management/Time Management
- Understanding Game Changers
- Team Building
- Inspiring Yourself to Innovate
Proposed content topics must be vendor-neutral and educational in nature, designed to contribute the general knowledge base of the security industry.
Assume an estimated presentation time of 45-50 minutes.
PROPOSAL REVIEW PROCESS
SIA team members and subject matter experts will review proposals and notify you by Wednesday, April 3, regarding your proposal. SIA may elect to adjust your proposal.
If your proposal is selected, each presenter will be expected to:
- Provide a short biography (100 words) and headshot to be used for promotional purposes
- Develop a compelling slide presentation to be used for the visual component of the conference
- Participate in at least two prep calls with SIA staff
- Help promote AcceleRISE
- Present exceptional content at the live event!
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to advertise the webinar, handle registration and produce the event
- Promote the conference to SIA members and industry channel partners
- Schedule the prep calls and make sure the content is pertinent to the audience
Contact Bryan Miller at email@example.com.
Presentation proposal submitted by: