SIA Technology Insights is a journal produced semiannually by the Security Industry Association (SIA) that distills the most current thinking for applying today’s security technologies. In each issue of SIA Technology Insights, SIA looks to the cutting edge of security technology, sharing insights from top experts in the field and helping readers stay current in an environment of constant change.
This edition of SIA Technology Insights features articles from experts on topics ranging from 3D surveillance control systems’ use of LiDAR to how agricultural businesses can benefit from illumination solutions, how using audio for alarm verification increases situational awareness and reduces false alarms and the unique benefits of overt security like CCTV towers. This publication will help security professionals better understand their technology options.
You can find this edition and past issues online at securityindustry.org/techinsights. We welcome your feedback on these articles and encourage you to propose your content for future issues and contact us at email@example.com.
In This Issue
- Security in 3D: LiDAR and Other Sensors Allow the Creation of Rich, Video Game-Like Digital Maps
- Illumination for Safety, Security…and Crop Growth: The Right Lighting Systems Can Serve Multiple Purposes in Agriculture
- Pandemic Changes in Building Access Are Here to Stay: Moving Toward Mobile Access and Touchless Sensors
- The Still Essential 90-Year-Old Technology: Radar Can Do What Visual Security Alone Cannot
- Using Audio for Alarm Verification: Hearing Plus Seeing Increases Situational Awareness and Reduces False Alarms
- Cybersecurity Outlook for 2022: Four Trends to Drive the Protection of Online Systems
- The Unique Benefits of CCTV Towers: Overt Security Has Its Advantages
- Integrating Technologies, Security and Privacy: Hospital Security Systems Must Do More Than Lock Doors and Record Video
- Putting Video in a Container: Containerization Technology Can Provide an Integrated and Future-Proof C2 Platform
- Leveraging AI for People Screening: Millimeter Wave Tech and Deep Learning Can Produce Effective, Automated Virtual Searches
- Using Technology to Bring Employees Back Safely: Touchless Access Control and Other Solutions Enhance Both Security and Health