SIA Lunch & Learn at ISC West:
Is Privacy a Liability or an Opportunity for Your Company?
About the Event
Data management challenges contain both legal and reputational risks, but they also present business opportunities to security companies, as a potential brand differentiator and, for integrators and consultants especially, as a value-added service. This lunch-and-learn event will examine data privacy issues from multiple perspectives and feature:
- A keynote presentation from Erik Jones, a partner at Venable LLP with expertise in data privacy and legal and regulatory risk
- A roundtable discussion featuring insights from privacy experts
- A review of real privacy policies from anonymous companies to identify what they’re doing right and what they could improve
- The release of the new Privacy Code of Practice for the Security Industry, an invaluable set of guidelines developed by the SIA Data Privacy Advisory Board
Attendees will also enjoy a complimentary lunch and networking with other security industry professionals.
- When: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 12:00-1:30 p.m. (PDT)
- Where: ISC West, Sands Expo Center, Casanova Room 505-507
Registration is only open to those who are also attending, speaking or exhibiting at the ISC West trade show. Due to the limited seating (maximum 50 attendees), please only reserve an in-person ticket if you are fully confident you will attend ISC West and will also be present for this lunchtime event.
SIA believes privacy is a fundamental right and asserts that the protection of personal data and privacy right deserves the highest level of commitment from its member organizations. Privacy and security should be regarded as complementary functions within organizations of all sizes. SIA's Privacy Code of Conduct encourages organizations to design and implement privacy programs based on ethical principles, robust security, applicable regulations and laws and end user expectations. Download the resource here.