Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and offerings, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New SIA Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Actall, AnyVision, AxxonSoft, Atone Co., Discrete Solutions, Net Force, NewAE Technology Inc. and SecureBI. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- Securing New Ground is almost here! Oct. 28, join us virtually for the security industry’s executive conference, featuring top-quality information sharing; expert insights from powerful leaders, luminaries and tech strategists; and the chance to connect directly with speakers and other attendees. What are you waiting for? View agenda and speaker details and reserve your seat here.
- SIA’s Cybersecurity Advisory Board (CAB) will host a virtual Cybersecurity Town Hall Oct. 28 as part of Cybersecurity Awareness Month. During this event, simulcast live during Securing New Ground and through other channels, members of the CAB will take questions from SIA members and the industry that result in new, specific and actionable steps to take as part of corporate cyber strategies and advice for customers and partners.
- The second major change to Buy American rules this year is now under federal government consideration. Read SIA’s analysis to learn about what’s new in the proposed rule, how it impacts security companies and how you can submit comments.
- SIA invites members with expertise advising utilities on security matters to join its new Utilities Advisory Board (UAB). This new panel will demonstrate thought leadership on compliance and technology topics of interest to professionals managing security at a wide spectrum of utility facilities. SIA members and stakeholders who are committed to securing this key vertical and interested in becoming active UAB members are encouraged to contact SIA CEO Don Erickson at email@example.com.
- Registration is now open for ISC East 2021! Use SIA’s free registration link to sign up and join us at the Northeast’s leading security and public safety event and network, learn and discover the latest technologies.
- SIA invites members of the SIA RISE community for young security professionals and its student members to apply for the SIA RISE Scholarship! Awardees will receive $3,000 scholarships toward industry learning, student debt repayment and professional development. Applications are due Friday, Nov. 19; learn more and apply here.
- Join us virtually Oct. 18-21 for the next Basics of Security Project Management (SPM) course! Learn how to define project scope and budget, employ the latest security technologies, manage vendor and subcontractor relationships and more in this essential training. Find more details and sign up here.
- SIA has released the 2021 update to its Guide to School Security Funding! Discover key sources of funding for school security improvements, the latest details on federal and state grant programs, how to apply for funding, state-specific security requirements and more.
- The SIA Women in Security Forum will host its next Wisdom Wednesdays virtual event on Oct. 20; these half-hour sessions feature leadership and inspiration for women, by women. RSVP to join us and hear insights from Intel’s Kaila Kawelo about switching gears when life calls for a U-turn.
- SIA has updated its Guide to Cannabis Security Requirements for 2021, with three new state summaries included, information on legal sales and regulations to come in the near future and analysis of the impact of the 2020 elections on cannabis policy. Access the guide to explore state-specific security requirements for marijuana establishments, federal policy updates on use and production of cannabis, helpful resources and more.
- On Nov. 9, SIA will host the next Vertical Insights Symposium on Energy Sector Safety and Security. This can’t-miss virtual event features interactive, scenario-based training, virtual tours, practical expert-led sessions, “team solve” breakouts and real-time learning. We hope to see you there!
On the Horizon: Join SIA at ISC East
SIA is looking forward to ISC East next month, and we hope you’ll join us for our upcoming events and activities at the show.
- On Nov. 17 at ISC East, SIA will be offering its OSDP Boot Camp course. This daylong in-depth training highlights how to design, configure and deploy modern, interoperable, SIA Open Supervised Device Protocol-compliance access control systems.
- Wrap up your Day 1 by joining the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST) and ISC East for the first-ever FAST cornhole tournament! Teams will compete on the show floor and enjoy drinks and networking at this fun event in support of FAST’s work to connect talented individuals with opportunities in the field of security technology and life safety.
- Close out ISC East at the SIA Women in Security Forum Breakfast! Enjoy complimentary breakfast, networking with women in the security industry and expert insights on public speaking.
Stay tuned for more details on these events! Plus, don’t miss the SIA Education@ISC East conference program taking place Nov. 17-18; this year’s session lineup is filled with critical information on the newest, most relevant technologies in the security industry. We look forward to seeing you at the show!