2022 marks the 19th year of the annual Cybersecurity Awareness Month (CSAM), a collaboration between government and private industry to raise awareness about cybercrime and how to protect against it. CSAM is co-led by the National Cybersecurity Alliance and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). This year’s theme is, “See Yourself In Cyber.”
While the daily news of data breaches and cyberattacks can feel overwhelming, there are some basic things we all can do to better protect our systems and data which also help protect the internet at-large. This year, CSAM is focusing on four key behaviors that we all can implement in our businesses and personal lives:
- Enabling multifactor authentication
- Using strong passwords and a password manager
- Updating software
- Recognizing and reporting phishing
Additionally, the National Cybersecurity Alliance is hosting online events and recordings for CSAM:
- Sept. 27: CSAM 2022 Briefing
- Oct. 6: Cybersecuring America: A United Mission
- Oct. 12: #CyberChat Twitter Chat
- Oct. 28: 5 Cybersecurity Trends You Need to Know About (and How to Stay Protected)
- Nov. 1: Cybersecurity Awareness Month Afterglow Party
- Oct. 1-31 (On Demand): Customer Experience: Is There Room for Empathy?
It’s not just CSAM in the United States! Here are links to global cybersecurity resources from around the world.
- United Kingdom
Stay safe online, and #BeCyberSmart!