Hey SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and resources, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Agora Partnerships, Burns & McDonnell, Caliber Communications, Exante360, EyeOTmonitor, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, LocklyPRO, Luminys Systems Corp., Nova Inc., Pro2Serve, Safe and Sound Security, Swissdotnet, Telecor and Visidon. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- Just released: Check out the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST) Security Industry Compensation Study! All SIA members receive free access to the industry’s largest widely partnered study on salary and compensation (a $750 value!). Get access here.
- SIA and ISC West have released details for the SIA New Products and Solutions Awards at ISC West 2024, including the awards submission and presentation schedule. The SIA NPS Awards competition is the industry’s premier awards program and is presented in partnership with ISC West to recognize innovative security products, services and solutions. Entries are due Feb. 23; learn more and start your application here.
- Attention industry experts: Take the stage at Security LeadHER! We’re looking for great speakers and sessions for this event presented by SIA and ASIS International and designed to advance, connect and empower women in security and taking place June 24-25 in Phoenix, Arizona. Proposals are due Feb. 7; learn more and submit your proposal here.
- New research report! In SIA’s latest publication, produced with support from Ai-RGUS, Alert Enterprise, Avangrid and Safetrust, we distill where convergence is at a moment of change, provide history on the concept and offer some future perspective. Plus, join us Feb. 6 for a webinar sharing crucial insights from the report for the security industry!
- Want to give back and help cultivate the next generation of security industry leaders? Don’t miss the opportunity to become a TIME mentor! SIA is seeking seasoned industry professionals to serve as mentors in the 2024 cohort of Talent Inclusion Mentorship Education (TIME), a mentorship program presented by the SIA RISE community for young security professionals. Applications are due Feb. 23; learn more and apply here.
- President Biden recently signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2024. Approved annually, the NDAA primarily authorizes appropriations and sets policy requirements for the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), while also addressing U.S. Department of Energy national security programs, U.S. Department of State activities, the intelligence community and other defense activities. This SIA blog post shares highlights from among hundreds of new provisions that may be of interest to the security industry.
- SIA has announced a commitment to grow its outreach to Native American and indigenous communities beginning in 2024, including expanding access to SIA services and programs such as its training, scholarship and mentorship offerings. SIA plans to offer its SPM training to Native American communities in 2024 as well as conduct a listening session to better understand community needs and interests and potential industry involvement.
- SIA is looking for writers! We’re seeking original, vendor-neutral articles from SIA members to appear in the next issue of SIA Technology Insights, a leading publication distributed at ISC West. Learn more and submit a proposal here.
- Registration is open for ISC West 2024! ISC West is the leading comprehensive and converged security trade event in the U.S. and will be held at the Venetian Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 9-12. Learn more and get a sneak peek of this year’s event, including SIA’s activities at the show.
- Next month, join us for the next SIAcademy LIVE! course, offering a deep dive on access control modalities! In this virtual instructor-led course taking place March 5-21, you’ll expand your knowledge on identity, credential issuance, mobile access and how to select the right modality for your needs or that of your clients. Learn more and register here.