SIA Technology Insights is a journal produced semiannually by the Security Industry Association (SIA) that distills the most current thinking for applying today’s security technologies. In each issue of SIA Technology Insights, SIA looks to the cutting edge of security technology, sharing insights from top experts in the field and helping readers stay current in an environment of constant change.
This edition of SIA Technology Insights features articles from experts on topics ranging from using intelligent video monitoring to prevent crimes to how the right data tools can make security information predictive. This publication will help security professionals better understand their technology options.
You can find this edition and past issues online at securityindustry.org/techinsights. We welcome your feedback on these articles and encourage you to propose your content for future issues and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In This Issue:
- Turning Security From Reactive to Proactive: Intelligent Video Monitoring Can Be Used to Prevent, Not Just Investigate, Crimes
- Getting Ahead in the Cloud: Leaving Behind On-Premises Access Control Is a Step Toward the Future
- Knowing Is More Than Half the Battle: Protective Intelligence Technology Can Turn Data Into Insights and Action
- 4 Video Surveillance Trends Alarm Companies Need to Know: Emerging Technologies Can Strengthen Partnerships, Build RMR
- Data, Data Everywhere: The Right Tools Can Make Security Information Actionable, Even Predictive
- Cloud Solutions Rise Above On-Premises: Flexibility and Scalability Lead to Increased Migrations
- AI in Security and Psychology: Emerging Technology Tools Must Account for Human Factors