One of our goals for SIA Technology Insights is to provide a look ahead, to give people an idea of what they can expect from security technology in coming years. This edition contains some great examples of that.
- What does Facebook have to do with physical security? Steve Van Till of Brivo Systems tells us in a forward-looking article about social media and security converging in “social spaces.”
- Will we ever be able to enter secure areas without first stopping and presenting credentials? Henry Hoyne of Northland Controls describes some possible routes to a “frictionless” future for access control.
- How can technology be used to enhance security in urban environments? Itai Elata of Verint Systems examines the “safe city” model and its potential for making municipalities more secure.
In This Issue
- Say Hello to Social Spaces
- Technology-Enabled Collaboration Builds Safe Cities
- Frictionless Access Control: A Look over the Horizon