Happy New Year, SIA members! Here are the top things you need to know about our latest activities and offerings, upcoming events and opportunities and more.
Welcome, New Members!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) would like to welcome its newest members: Calibre Engineering, Inc.; Commanche Security Partners; ESR Consulting Services LLC; Genesis Key LLC; LiveOfficer.com; Specialised Security Systems Co.; and Stooerd. Thanks for your membership, and we look forward to working with you!
Here’s What Else You Need to Know This Month:
- SIA has identified and forecasted the 2022 Security Megatrends, which form the basis of SIA’s signature annual Security Megatrends report defining the top 10 factors influencing both short- and long-term change in the global security industry. Artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and supply chain assurance top the list of key trends impacting the industry moving into the new year. Download the report here.
- On Dec. 27, 2021, President Biden signed the FY22 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), legislation that annually authorizes federal funding for various programs under the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and its service branches – the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force. Read SIA’s analysis to learn how this legislation may impact your company.
- SIA and ISC West have issued the call for entries for the SIA New Products and Solutions (NPS) Awards at ISC West 2022. The SIA NPS Awards competition – formerly the SIA New Product Showcase – is the industry’s premier awards program and is presented in partnership with ISC West recognizing innovative security products, services and solutions. Entries are due by Friday, Feb. 4; learn more and get started here!
- SIA has opened the call for nominations for the SIA Women in Security Forum Power 100. New in 2022, this annual initiative presented by the SIA Women in Security Forum will honor 100 women in the security industry who are role models for actively advancing diversity, inclusion, innovation and leadership in the community. Learn more and submit a nomination here.
- SIA’s Audio and Intelligent Communications Working Group has developed Safe and Sound, an informational guide on audio and intelligent communications applications for security. This primer provides an overview of the common technologies and applications for those technologies. Access the guide here.
- SIA’s Data Privacy Advisory Board has created Reducing Risk, Seizing Opportunity: A Security Guide to Privacy, a new resource to help you mitigate data breaches and other threats and recognize and reinforce the privacy rights of individuals. Access the guide here.
- SIA has updated its guide to international investment for 2021-2022! This member-exclusive tool kit is designed to help companies understand the international landscape in six key countries/regions: India, Israel, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. Access the guide here.
- SIA has named the recipients of the 2022 SIA RISE Scholarship, a program offered through SIA’s RISE community for young security professionals and students, which supports the education and career development goals of young industry talent. Through this scholarship program, each awardee will receive a $3,000 scholarship. Learn more and meet the honorees here.
- Registration is open for the 2022 SIA Market Leaders Reception at ISC West! On March 22, join a VIP group of industry leaders and SIA members at Drai’s Nightclub for an elegant evening reception featuring great networking, friendly faces, heavy hors d’oeuvres, an open bar and a spectacular view from the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. This limited-access event from SIA is considered the best business networking event at ISC West, attended by the top manufacturers, service providers, systems integrators, CSOs and consultants. Learn more and register here.
- We hope you had a very happy holiday season! In this video, SIA staff members share insights into key accomplishments and improvements, as well as new programs, services and resources developed for SIA members in 2021. We look forward to continuing to work with and serve you and build on these successes in 2022.