The Data Privacy Advisory Board provides information and best practices to help SIA members handle sensitive data in a safe and secure manner to protect the personally identifiable information of their employees, partners and customers from potential breaches. The board leverages the collective expertise of industry professionals, law enforcement, security practitioners and data privacy experts to inform and educate SIA member companies about methods for mitigating the risk of data breaches.
- Published Reducing Risk, Seizing Opportunity: A Security Industry Guide to Privacy
- Hosted the SIA Lunch and Learn at ISC West 2021: Is Privacy a Liability or an Opportunity for Your Company?
- Published the SIA Privacy Code of Conduct
- Published Data Privacy and Security Trends for 2018
- Published video and written resources on GDPR and the security industry
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on a SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.