The Education and Training Committee builds a qualified security workforce by identifying and creating learning, training and career development opportunities for security professionals. Its offerings include instructor-led training, online education, educational conferences and forums, and instructional materials and resources.
- Deliver SIA’s 2.5-day, instructor-led Security Project Management Training throughout the United States and Canada as both a public and private course.
- Develop and manage webinars and custom online education for security project managers.
- Annually develop and deliver industrywide education through the SIA Education@ISC educational programs at ISC West and ISC East.
- Annually develop and deliver education for SIA’s Securing New Ground®, an executive-level conference that explores the business of security and the global and domestic markets for security products and technologies.
- Created an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Security System Technology in partnership with community colleges to educate the next generation of security professionals.
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on an SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.