The Education and Training Committee builds a qualified security workforce by identifying and creating learning, training and career development opportunities for security professionals. Its offerings include instructor-led training, online education, scholarship programs, educational conferences and forums and instructional materials and resources.
- Deliver SIA’s 2.5-day, instructor-led Security Project Management Training throughout the United States and Canada as both a public and private course
- Annual review and update learning materials for the SPM training courses to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is incorporated
- Develop and manage webinars and custom online education for security project managers
- Created an associate in applied science degree in security system technology in partnership with community colleges to educate the next generation of security professionals
- Established the Denis R. Hebert Identity Management Scholarship Program to promote continuing education and facilitate advancement in the fields of identity management and access control.
Get Involved: Volunteer Your Expertise!
Your knowledge and leadership on an SIA committee can help shape the future of the security industry. Contact SIA staff for volunteer opportunities.